Chapter 11

I sit in the bleachers with Sasha and Lydia, biting my nails. "Why're you staring at Luke like he's grown a third head?" Lydia asks but how zoned out I was I mistaken what she said. "A third leg?" I ask quickly, looking at her wide eyed. Sasha bursts out laughing making a few boys playing basketball stop to glance at her. Luke was one of them. I cover my mouth and duck down behind Lydia.

"I had a dream last night while sleeping in the bed with Luke.. It was a sex dream." I mumble, placing my hands over my face. Lydia and Sasha both turn towards me and take my hands away from my face. "It Was it good? Did he at least last long? He's gotta be big right?" I face palm again while I listen to them. I couldn't believe my friends right now. Luke was the last person I could do anything with. Alex strictly forbid it. He reacted that way when Bobby lied to him because I was off limits in this friend group. That didn't stop the flirty comments or an occasion accidental cuddle during movie nights with Luke. Alex would just tell me he knows his band mates more than anyone in this world. It wasn't that they were bad guys. Reggie was a sweetheart, but also won the ladies hearts because of how sweet he was. Bobby was just, well Bobby. He drank, smoke, and flirted with girls as much as he could. I didn't think he was terrible looking he just wasn't my type. Luke had a flare about him. He broke rules and didn't give a damn unless he needed to. That's what I liked about him. How much he intrigued me. The lead singer of a band would intrigue anyone in my opinion. I quickly stand up to leave the gym as I really needed some air. Luke catches my hand once I walk by him.

"Okay, miss secretive. What's up?" He asks, keeping my hand in his. I look at our hands before looking up at him. My heart was beating faster and my head felt dizzy. "I just.. I don't feel so good." I say before feeling my eyes close. My knees give out and I fall into Luke's arms. "Y/n!" Luke says, his arm moving to scoop me up. A few people have stopped what they're doing. Sasha and Lydia quickly rush over. My head lays on his chest as he walks through the crowd of people in the gym to get to the nurses office. "Tell Alex." He says to Sasha. She nods and quickly runs down the hall to find Alex's class. "I've got ya." He mumbles to me as he walks down the hall.

The bright light shinning above me makes me groan and roll over. I was in an extremely in comfy bed/chair thingy in the nurses office. Luke sits next to me as he continue writing something in his journal. "Luke?" I ask, slowly moving to sit up. He looks up at me and stands up. "Careful now. You were out for a little bit." He says immediately moving to my side.

"The nurse said the lack of food and water you've had today caused you pass out like you did earlier. Did you skip breakfast?" He asks, moving to sit down next to me on the bed. I avoid his gaze but nod. I usually ate breakfast with my family. I couldn't sit at that table today. I couldn't sit across from Luke and pretend my feelings weren't growing stronger and stronger. "Y/n. I get you're busy and stressed, but you can't not eat." He says sternly making me look at him.

"I'll remember that." I say quietly and play with the fabric of my hoodies sleeve. Alex quickly pulls open the door to the nurses office. "They wouldn't let me leave class. I would've been here sooner." He walks over to immediately check me over. I push his hands away and shake my head at him. "I'm fine. Luke took care of me." I say as Alex looks at Luke.

"Good.. good. I'm glad he did." Alex nods and pulls me into a hug. I close my eyes and hug him back. "Mom and dad will be here soon." He says making me nod. Luke stands up and walks over to the door.

"Thanks, Patterson." I say and he looks back at him. "No problem, princess." He says, walking out of the nurses office. I smile a little to myself. My parents come into the room with my mom acting dramatic as usual. The ride home was quiet. My parents didn't want to hurt my head incase I had a headache. I reassure them I felt fine. I wasn't sure what happened in the gym. Alex sits next to me and smiles when I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad Luke was there. I really don't need you getting hurt before my big show coming up." Alex says. I smile at him and nod. "It was very lucky." I say, closing my eyes. Mom fixes a big plate of food for me once I get home. Her new rule was were weren't allowed to leave the house until we finished our meals. I reassured her again I was fine but she didn't listen. A knock on the door makes me look over. It was Luke. He had a duffel bag in his hand.

"Hey, how are you?" My dad asks, shaking Luke's hand. "Good sir. How about you?" Luke asks politely and sits at the table. It was normal to see Luke here around this time of night. I didn't expect to see him tonight though. I figured he would've made up with his mom and stayed home. I eat quietly and look down at my plate. Luke's gaze pierces through me it feels like.

"How do you feel?" Luke asks. I look up slowly and make eye contact with him. "Fine.." I say quietly and nod. He smiles at me and nods. "Good."