Chapter 4

Luke sighs and looks at me. "If looks could kill, I would be dead." He mumbles as I continue to glare at him. Detention had only started ten minutes ago but I was still mad. Of course him and his smart mouth caused us to end up in here. "Calm down, princess. It's not like detention gets us killed." He crosses his arms and leans back. "Mr. Patterson keep it down." Our math teacher, Mr. Johnson, says peeking up from his newspaper. Luke rolls his eyes a little. I sigh and look down at my homework, at least trying to get some of that done. The time was ticking. I really only had an hour and a half to prepare for the gig. Luke didn't seem too worried about missing practice before it. Must've been all the cockiness in his stupid brain making him feel confident. "We're going to be late for the show." I say quietly to him, quieting down more when Mr. Johnson moves.

"Nah. We're not. At least I won't be." He says, looking at me. My jaw drops and I hit his arm, making him flinch away. "You're not leaving without me." I say. He huffs a little and shakes his head. I cross my arms and look at the front of the classroom. More time passes and it almost seems like detention is never going to end. The show is getting closer and closer. My nerves start to kick in as they haven't let us go yet. Bobby walks into the classroom suddenly. Luke smirks to himself and looks over. "Mr. Johnson, there's a kid trying to fight kids over their garbage." He says trying to seem panicked. Luke and I give him a weird look. "Oh goodness." Mr. Johnson mumbles and stands up, fixing his glasses. Bobby walks by Luke and secretly fist bumps him. Mr. Johnson and him walk out together. "And now." Luke says, standing up to grab his stuff. "He's going to come back and realize we're gone." I say and look up at him. "And that's a problem we'll handle tomorrow." He shrugs and walks out of the classroom. I sigh and shake my head, grabbing my stuff. I quickly walk out after him.

"Hey you two!" Mr. Johnson yells when he sees us leaving the classroom. Luke grabs my hand, starting to run down the hall with me. I yell out in surprise but immediately run with him. He chuckles softly, pulling me outside. We don't stop running until we make it to the middle of the parking lot. Mr. Johnson seemed to have given up on chasing us. I laugh and lean over a little to catch my breath. "Now. Time to rock out."

We make it to the show just in time for my girls and I to go up. "You think you can handle it with no practice today?" Sasha asks, glaring at Luke. He holds his hands up in defense before walking off to find my brother. "I'll be fine." I say and walk to grab my guitar. We make our way onto the stage and begin to play. The crowd really seemed into it. Alex jams out with them, being the supportive brother he is. Luke crosses his arms and watches us. He would never admit it but he thought we were some competition. I sing into the microphone, winking over at him. He shakes his head but has a small smile on his lips. We finish performing, the crowd cheering loudly for us. "That was Girl Power! Next up we have the talented, Sunset Curve." The announcer says making the crowd clap again. "Good job kid, not bad." Luke says, nudging my shoulder when he walks by. "Let's see what you got, lil boy." I look back at him. He scoffs at the comment and walks onto the stage. Alex and Reggie walk to their instruments, getting themselves hyped up. Luke unzips his jacket and pulls it off. Of course his famous sleeveless shirts were making a comeback. I wasn't complaining. Oops? Did I say that? Bobby looks over at me and waves. I was his number one supporter after all. I smile and wave back him.

"One, two, three.. go." Alex says from his drums, starting to play them. The boys join in with him as the crowd starts to get hyped up again. "Take off, last stop! Countdown till we blast open the top." Luke sings into his microphone. Reggie dances around a little, continuing to play his bass. I smile and cheer for them as well. Alex smiles at me, beating his drums.

"We ain't searching for tomorrow!" Alex sings, standing up as he continues to play. "Yeah! Go Alex!" I yell, doing my best to make it heard over the crowd. Reggie looks at Sasha and winks at her, running his hands through his hair. I laugh softly when her eyes widen a little and her cheeks turn red. They kind of had a crush thing going on with each other. Luke keeps playing, looking over the crowd before looking at me. I stick my tongue out at him only meaning it as a joke. He smiles a little and rolls his eyes. We could be friendly to each other sometime. They finish singing and I run over to hug Alex. "That was so good! Ew, you're sweaty." I say immediately letting go of him. He chuckles softly and fixes his hair. "I'm even more sweatier." Luke says, wrapping his arm around me to make sure I couldn't get away. "Lukeee!" I try to push him away with my hands on his chest but it doesn't work. He chuckles when he feels me. "There's my number one supporter." Bobby says once he walks over. I smile and reach my hand up to high-five him. Luke and I realize I'm still in his grasp and he quickly lets me go. "Where's Reg?" I ask, looking around the crowd. "Over there talking to his little girlfriend." Alex points. I see Reggie and Sasha talking to each other, both smiling. I smile a little and look back at the boys.

"The votes have been placed in. Time to announce the winner of this years show." We all look towards the stage quickly, the crowd going quiet.