Chapter 13

"Best-friends who occasionally kiss and now have slept together." Sasha says making me look up from my book. I raise my eyebrow at her. "Are you seriously not getting my concern? What if he's using you?" She asks, crossing her arms. I sigh and save my face in my book. "I'm pretty sure he's not using me, Sas." I say and lean my head on my hand. She looks at me.

"But has he asked you out?" She asks making me shake my head a little. "See? Red flags." I rub my face and nod. "Okay. I'll ask him." She watches me when I stand up, walking over to Luke's lunch table. Alex and Bobby were arguing and didn't even notice I walked over. Reggie was too busy eating his pudding to question me walking over.

"Can we talk?" I ask. Luke looks up from his song book and nods. "Of course." He says standing up. We walk together out of the lunch room. I place my hands in my jacket pockets. "What are we Luke?" I stop walking and look at him. "I'm.. not to sure honestly." He says, stopping to look at me as well. "If you're not going to ask me out or even try to date me, I'm not going to continue to be just some little toy you can use." I say and cross my arms.

"Woah, woah. You're not some toy. C'mon. Fine. Let me take you out." He says, making me smile a little. "I'll pick you up tonight at 8. Wear something pretty for me." He briefly touches my chin before disappearing back into the lunchroom. I smile softly and shake my head. I couldn't help but feel all giddy inside. He made it that way.

After school, I told Alex I was going to hang out with some friends tonight. I go to my room as Lydia and Sasha climb through my window. "Okay, outfit time." Lydia says and walks over to my closet. I smile and sit on my bed. Lydia was the fashionista. We were used to her styling us however she wanted. Sasha was our common sense. Used to her telling us shit like earlier. Lydia picks out an adorable little sun-type dress. She pairs it with some sandals and they wait for me to change.

"Beautiful!" Sasha grins as I look into the mirror, smoothing out the fabric. I sit down at my vanity to begin my makeup and hair. Lydia styled it how she thought would look prettiest while I did my makeup. "All ready." She says smiling at me. I smile and look in the mirror. They both hug me and wish me good luck before climbing out of my window again. I shake my head and walk downstairs. Alex was in his room and my parents weren't home from work yet. Alex assumed I was going out with friends. "Bye Alex!" I yell.

"Bye loser!" He yells back, making me shake my head. I walk outside and see Luke's moms car in our driveway. I smile and walk closer. Luke gets out of the car and walks around to open the door for me. "Here ya go." He says, a slight smirk on his lips. "Thank you." I hold my dress and get into the car. He was wearing a nice button up shirt and jeans. The shirt wasn't tucked in but he still made it look nice. He gets in the driver seat.

"We're goin to a drive-in by the way." Luke says making me nod. "I love that." I say, smiling softly. He smiles and begins to drive. I found a CD and place it in, pressing play. "Oh? Some home recorded Sunset Curve?" I asks as he nods and smiles softly. I smile at him and listen to the music. We arrive to the movie and he pays for my ticket. Luke finds somewhere to park before looking at me. "Want some popcorn and a drink?" He asks. "That sounds lovely." I say, smiling at him. He gets out of the car and walks over to concession. I fix my dress a little and look around at all of the other cars.

Luke returns to the car after a few minutes and places the popcorn in the middle seat. I take a piece and eat it as the movie begins. "Here." Luke moves the popcorn to his lap to allow me to scoot over and sit closer to him. I smile and nod, moving closer. He wraps his arm around my shoulder. I lean on him and watch the movie.

"You look beautiful tonight." He says, a blush moving across my cheeks. I look at him. "You look very handsome." He smirks a bit at me and I smile at him. He leans up to place the popcorn down. I reach up to cup his face gently, kissing him. He closes his eyes and kisses me back. I smile softly against his lips. A knock on the window separates us. My eyes immediately go wide. It was Reggie. Reggie couldn't keep anything from Alex. Luke rolls down the window.

"Reg, what're you doing here?" He asks confused, looking up at him. "Sasha wanted to come watch a movie." He points over to his dad's car. I glare at her and she sinks down a little in the passenger seat. Would've been nice to know you were going on a date with Luke's best-friend, Sas. I shake my head and sigh softly. "Since when did you two become a thing?" Reggie asks, chuckling softly at us.

"Reggie, could you do me a favor and maybe not mention this to Alex?" I plead with him a little, trying to be hopeful he wouldn't say anything. "Alex already knows. He's over there with the guy from our english class." Reggie points. I immediately cover my face with my hands. "Oh my gosh.."