Chapter 5

"The winner is.. well it's actually a tie." He announces, making Luke and I look at each other confused. "Tie?! No, No. I don't settle for ties." Luke says while crossing his arms. "Looks like these bands will have to compete one more time in order to figure out who's the winner." The man says. I sigh and rub my face. We'd done so good tonight, there was no way in hell this was a tie. The next show wasn't until Saturday. Alex and I walk outside together.

"You guys were great, but c'mon. There's no way this is a tie." I say to him. He shakes his head at me as we continue walking. We arrive home and walk inside. "Y/n." Our dad says from the living room. Alex and I look at each other before making our way there. "What's this I hear about detention?" My dad says, looking at me. "I uh.." I start before Alex cuts me off. "I failed my geometry test." He says making my mom look at him with her jaw dropped. "Are you serious? Y/n, go up to your room. We'll deal with you in a second." My dad says. I look at Alex and he gives me a small smile. I hug him briefly before going upstairs to my room. I huff and sit on my window sill seat, looking outside. Luke was storming out of his house with his jacket in hand. He seemed mad. His mom soon followed after and it made sense. Luke storms down the sidewalk while pulling his jacket on. I open my window and easily slip out, finding my usual way down off the roof. Luke was headed to the spot he usually went to when him and his mom fought. It was our neighborhood park.

"Luke, you good?" I ask once I catch up with him. He rolls his eyes and turns towards me. "Don't you know anything about peace and quiet? Go home." He mumbles before turning back around. "Don't you know anything about being a decent human being? No." I move to stand in front of him, crossing my arms. He glares at me when I do. "God, Y/n. Dont you ever get the hint? Leave me alone." He snaps at me. He goes to walk around me but I step in front of him again. I could tell he was getting a bit madder. "You're so.. you're so.." He mumbles, his face turning a bit red. "I'm so..?" I say clearly amused, leaning closer to listen to him. His moves his hands to grab my face, pulling me closer to bring my lips to his. I freeze for a second. Unable to comprehend that Luke Patterson was kissing me. I let myself melt into it briefly before pulling away from him. He stares at me breathlessly.

"Goodnight." I say, turning away from him and beginning to walk away. "Y/n.." He watches me but I ignore him, quickly heading to my house. I didn't look back nor did I stop. I couldn't believe what just happened. Luke was supposed to hate me. He claimed he did sometimes anyways. I sneak back into my room and shut the window, locking it. Alex appears in my doorway. "There you are." He says making me jump. "You alright?" He asks chuckling softly. I nod and glance out my window. "Okay, we'll get some rest. I'll see you in the morning." He ruffles my hair gently before walking out of my room and shutting the door. I rub my face and sigh softly. I get myself into the craziest positions ever. I grab my phone and call Sasha.

"So you're saying like full out movie make-out under the night stars?" She asks, making me face palm. "It was more like an adrenaline thing I think." I say, rolling over onto my stomach. I stop talking briefly when I hear talking at the bottom of the stairs. "She's already asleep. Why?" I hear Alex ask someone. "I just had a question about our chemistry project." Luke's voice sounds clear as day to me. Shit. Shit! I had a chemistry project to still work on with him. My whole plan to avoid him for the rest of my life wasn't going to work. I flip off all my lights and lay in bed, hanging up on Sasha. I'd explain what happened to her later. I close my eyes and pretend to sleep. Alex opens my door and quietly looks inside. "Yeah, she's out like a light." He says, slowly closing my door back. I sigh softly in relief. At least for tonight I didn't have to face Luke. My thoughts circle my brain until I'm finally able to fall asleep.

The next morning, my parents didn't mention anything about me getting detention. Whatever Alex did to distract them really worked. Luke walks inside to join us for breakfast. He sits across from me, looking up at me. I stare at my cereal. It wasn't like it was a terrible kiss. The kisses i've had in the best, that one was definitely the best. With a hot guitar player. Luke was one of my brothers best friends though and they had bro code. I knew there had to be something in there about sisters being off limits. Alex seemed to have literally no idea about Luke and I last night which meant Luke knows not to kiss and tell. I kind of already kiss and told but Sasha doesn't count. "I hope you guys have a good day at school." My mom says, leaning down to kiss Alex on the forehead. He easily dodges her and hugs her instead. I laugh silently to myself and grab my stuff. Luke grabs his at the same time as me.

"Can we talk?" He says quietly to me once Alex walks outside. "I uh.. later." I say before walking behind him. Luke sighs softly and follows us.