Chapter 14

"Quit ignoring me. I've been knocking on this window for fifteen minutes." Alex says, making me sigh softly and turn to roll down the window.

"Y/n? Luke? Whatcha guys doing?" He asks, leaning on the door a bit to get a better look at us. Luke shrugs and looks at him. "Watching a movie. What you doin?" Luke gives him a cheeky grin before quickly letting it fall when he sees Alex's glare.

"Look, two people can't just hang out and it not be weird?" I ask in defense and look at my brother. He gives me a look. "You and Luke can't just hang out. I know how he is." Alex says, Luke's mouth opening to retort back but notices he actually really can't. Alex wasn't wrong. "We're not finished with this conversation. I've got my eye on you." Alex points at Luke before walking back to the car he got out of. I rub my face and shake my head. Luke chuckles a bit which makes me look at him.

"What? It's kind of funny. What're the odds your brother is like two cars away from us?" Luke says. I punch his shoulder and he gasps, moving his hand to hold it. I laugh softly at him and shake my head.

"Great. Now I can't even kiss you if I wanted because your brother is watching me." Luke says, looking at me. I take his hand in mine and intertwine our fingers. "You poor thing." I say which makes him roll his eyes at me. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder, watching the movie. He smiles a little and moves his head to lean on mine.

The movie finishes and Luke drives me back to my place. He walks me to my door as I fix my dress a bit. "Thank you, for tonight." I say and look up at him. "Of course." He smiles at me before cupping my face gently to pull me in for a kiss. I close my eyes to kiss him back. A car horn cars scares us both, we both pull away at the same time. It was Alex and his date. Alex was really starting to get on my last nerves with this. He gets out of the car, waving at his date, and quickly comes over to us. "Goodnight Luke." He says grabbing my arm to pull me inside.

"Bye Luke!" I wave as the door shuts. "Seriously?" I ask, looking at him. "I told him my sister was off limits. I told you to not get involved with him." Alex crosses his arms and looks at me. "I'm eighteen. You don't get to tell me who I can date and who I can't." I cross my arms to match him. He raises his eyebrow at me.

"I'm serious Alex. If I want to date Luke, let me get heartbroken or let me be happy." I say as he sighs softly. "I just.. I don't want to see you getting hurt." He tells me and I nod. He was just trying to be a good brother. "I'll be alright, Alex. I promise." I pull him into a hug. He closes his eyes briefly and hugs me back. "You go get some sleep, now." I say while pulling away. He smiles at me and ruffles my hair a bit before walking upstairs. I smile to myself and walk to my room. I change into a pair of pajamas and lay in my bed, thinking about my date. Alex was just a protective brother. He couldn't help that. The sound of a pebble hits my window. I jump a little and sit up. I slowly stand up and walk over to it. It was Luke. I open my window and lean on the window sill.

"Can I help you, Casanova?" I ask and he laughs softly. He climbs up onto my roof and stands in front of my window. "Mind if I come in?" He asks. I step back to let him inside. "You left your bag here. Have you been home in a while?" I ask, sitting on my bed. He shakes his head and looks at me. "No. I haven't." He moves to sit down beside me.

"Maybe you should. Your mom misses you a lot when you leave." I tell him. He nods a little and sighs softly. "Come on. Let's get some sleep." I nudge his shoulder a bit and crawl into my bed, covering up. He takes off his jacket and moves to lay next to me. I pull the blanket over him and we both get comfy. I move my hand to brush a few strands of his hair off his forehead. His eyes close once I do. I smile and move closer to him, laying my head on his chest. His arm automatically moves around my waist. We both relax together and eventually fall asleep.