Chapter 15

Waking up to the feeling of Luke gone was kind of sad. His bag and shoes were removed from my floor but his flannel laid draped over me. I smile and hold it closer to me. Another day of school. I get up and put on a pair of jeans and a white shirt, pulling Luke's flannel over my shoulders. It felt like a chill kind of day.

I fix my hair up nicely and walk downstairs. I could already hear arguing and it was barely 7:30. Confused, I walk into the kitchen. Dad and Alex were the ones arguing. Mom sat at the kitchen table. She had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm not going to have a son that.." My dad starts.

"That likes who he likes? Who's happy? You don't want a son who's happy?" Alex stresses, his face red in frustration. I walk closer and my dad looks at me. "Not now Y/n. Can't you see Alex and I are talking?" My dad crosses his arms. I place my hand on Alex's shoulder.

"You're still going to support him..?" My dad asks in disbelief and I nod. "Always. He's my bestfriend." Alex looks at me. Tears filled his eyes as I know coming out to our parents probably broke the hell out of him. My dad not understanding or being supportive didn't really help. I wrap my arms around Alex to pull him into a long hug. Our mother's soft embrace suddenly moves around us. She hadn't said anything. Just listened to the two scream at each other in a heated argument. She pulls away to cup Alex's face.

"You are you. You're allowed to love whoever you want to love. It's your love." She places her hand over his heart, her tears falling at the same rate as his. He pulls her into another hug. Our dad shook his head before grabbing his keys to storm off to work. My mom didn't even try to stop him. He left without another word.

"Asshole." I mumble making my mom look at me. "Sorry.." I give her a sheepish grin. She shakes her head at me and pulls me into a small hug.

"So, you're dad is mad?" Luke says, looking up from his songbook. Alex and I walked over to Luke's house after all the commotion and our mom finally calmed down. "Yeah. Very." Alex sighs and plops down on the couch next to him. Luke takes my hand, pulling me to sit on the arm rest next to him. I smile and rest my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you, Alex." Reggie chips in, making Alex smile at him. "Me too." Luke adds and gives him a fist bump. Bros will be bros. I smile at them and lean on Luke a little.

"You know, you didn't have to leave without saying anything." I say quietly to him. He looks up at me. "Someone told me to go make things right with my mom. I listened." He says and I smile. I give his hair a quick ruffle before leaning back. He grabs at my sides to begin to tickle me. I giggle and feel myself falling into his lap as he continues to tickle me. I squirm in his hands, laughing and trying to get free. "Luke!"

"Oh get a room you two." Alex says making Reggie chuckle from his chair. Luke glares at his friends. "Hey, that's still my sister." Alex points at Luke.

"Still gonna get the room." Luke comments, genuinely not caring. Alex fake gags and rolls his eyes. I laugh softly at them and lean my head back in Luke's lap.

"So we just not going to school?" I ask and look at the boys. "Nope." Luke says, Reggie nodding in agreement. "Mm.. fine by me." I roll over and close my eyes. I get comfy and decide to try to take a nap since it was so early still. Alex sometimes did skip school but always made a good excuse to not get in trouble. I usually never skipped. I was always on time, I had trouble with school work sometimes, but that didn't mean I still didn't try. Luke plays with my hair gently, easing me straight to sleep.