Prologue

Welcome to Camp Zeal for boys!

We are a winter and summer season camp and we've been family run, and operated with compassion and enthusiasm for 11 decades. We provide the unspoiled setting, expert instruction, and careful supervision, the safety and structure for campers. We challenge, teach, and cheer them on. Through our wonderful culture, teenagers grow as they bond on the fields, in the lake and in the bunks.

Our activities run throughout each day, and campers may attend any activity they want, when they want, for as long as they want. We have no scheduling or sign-ups. They can just go, anytime, mornings and afternoons.

When the campers arrive at an activity, the counselors will work closely with them at their pace of learning and skill level, whether beginner or accomplished performer. To provide direction, we have developed three levels of competency in each activity, which the camper may work toward. Some campers enjoy the structure these competencies provide, others prefer to work outside them. In any case, the campers can determine their own goals and challenges. If the campers want help with any of this, just ask, the counselors will be glad to assist them.

Where times have changed, Camp Zeal – and what teenagers get out of camp – remains constant: campers have to learn new skills, challenge themselves, make lots of new friends, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!