Chapter 23

Day 3

It's a normal day, Kartik goes to work. Naira is at home taking rest. Kartik comes back from set, they have dinner together and sleep.

At 2am Night, Kaira room

Both Kartik and Naira are sleeping. Suddenly, Naira wakes up with a jerk and shouts...

N:Ahhhhh

Kartik wakes listening to Naira shout. He looks at her, all scared & sweating.

K: Kya hua??
N stammers: Vo..Vo....
K: Koi bura sapna dekha?
N: Haa

Kartik hugs Naira and caresses her head.

K: Sapna hi tha na.. kuch nai hua, shant ho jao, me hu na yaha...

Naira hugs him tightly. She was still shivering.

K: Relax Naira! Kuch nai hua! Aa jao, so jao

Kartik makes Naira lie down and tries to put her to sleep by caressing her hair. Naira makes Kartik lie down and puts her head on his chest. Kartik holds Naira and comforts her.

Naira thinks to herself: Kya tha ye! Aisa sapna kyu aaya mujhe? Ye koi sign tha? Kuch bura hone wala he kya?

Naira sleeps on his chest and then Kartik also sleeps.

Day 4

9am Kaira room

The next day, both wake up and freshen up.

K: Naira me breakfast lane jaa raha hu, tum rest karo!
N: Haa

Naira lies down & Kartik goes to the kitchen.
After 10 mins, Naira screams in pain and starts crying.

N: Ouchhhhhh

Kartik hears Naira's scream and rushes to the room. He is shocked at the site he is looking at when he enters the room.

In the room, Naira was not on the bed, she was lying sideways on the floor, she was squirming like a snake holding her right arm and mourning in utter pain.
Kartik immediately picks her up in his arms and makes her sit on the bed slowly! Naira is still howling out of pain. Kartik caresses her head to ease her pain but to no use.

Kartik immediately calls the doctor and asks him to come home urgently.

K *voice cracking*: Naira kya hua tumhe?
N *pointing towards her right hand* while still crying bitterly: Kartik! Yaha...owwwchhh.. Kartikkk..bohot pain ho raha he yaha....
K *wipping her tears*: Tum rona band karo pehle, mene doctor ko bula liya he, vo aate hi honge. Tum mujhe pehle ye batao ki tum niche kaise pohochi.
N *still crying*: Vo mujhe pani chahiye tha toh me table se pani lane uthi aur mera pair slip ho gaya aur me gir gayi!
K in a angry tone: Tum kyu uthi mujhe bula leti...me waise bhi breakfast leke aa hi raha tha na..
N *wiping her tears*: Mujhe laga me le leti hu..par vo mera pair..vo.. *again starts crying*

Kartik feels bad for Naira. She was looking at her arm and  squirming in pain and crying non-stop. Kartik fills a glass of water for her.

K *wipes her tears and puts her hair behind her ears*: Naira shant ho jao! Kuch nai hua, Ye lo pani pee lo *making her sip water*

Naira sips water and then again looks at her arm and holds it in anguish. Kartik lifts her face and makes her look towards him trying to distract her.

K: Naira udhar mat dekho! Meri taraf dekho..
N: Kartik mujhe bohot pain ho raha he..
K: Abhi theek ho jayega dekho.. *Kartik lightly kisses on her right arm*

Naira wriggles in pain at his touch and shrieks

N: Owwww! Kartikk mat touch karo...
K: Sorry sorry!