Chapter 24

N *stammers*: Ye!...ye injection kyu?! Vo sirf cream... *Naira is in disbelief*
N to K: Kartik mujhe seedhe se batao kya karne wale he?
K *cracked voice*: Kuch nai Naira, tum idhar aao aur aankh bandh karo *Kartik tries to close her eyes*
N *starts crying*: Kartik jooth mat bolo, chup chap bata do kya karna he??
K: Tum promise karo ki jo bhi ho karne dogi..
N: Pehle tum batao..
K: Vo swelling ko kam karne ke liye hammer se bubble burst karenge,  par usse pehle hath ko numb kar denge injection se.
N *stammers* while still crying: K..kya? Burst! Injection!

Listening to Kartik, Naira tries to get up from the bed and escape but Kartik pulls her back.

N *shouts* while trying to release herself from Kartik's grip: Kartik chodo mujhe! Mujhe nai karvana kuch...*Naira sobs*

Kartik makes Naira sit down in front of him, her back facing him. He holds her shoulders softly and caresses them..

K to N: Shant ho jao Naira! Me hu na idhar, tum kyu darr rahi ho. Ye karna zaroori he! Tum apni aankh band kar lo!

Kartik holds her right hand and forwards it towards the doctor.

K to Doc: Doc aap kijiye..
N to Doc *sobbing*: Nai *pulling her hand back*
N to K *crying bitterly*: Kartik nai hoga mujhse...tum samaj nai rahe ho... bohot pain ho raha he mujhe...
K to N *holds & forwards her right hand again*: Naira dekho ek baar ho gaya fir pain nai hoga tumhe! Trust me! Tumhe mujhe pe bharosa he na?!

Naira nods her head in a Yes...

N to K *trying to release his grip from her hand*: Kartik tum pehle mera hath chodo

Kartik leaves her hand. As soon as he leaves her hand, she again tries to run.
Kartik catches her by her shoulder and stops her,  he pulls her backwards closer to him, now her back was touching his chest. He tightly cluches her left wrist, holds it firmly on her tummy so that she cannot move. His legs lock her legs leaving no chance for Naira to escape. Then, he forwards the right hand towards the doctor...

N to K *shout*: Chodo mujhe!
K to N: Sorry Naira...
K to Doc *signals*: Doctor ready! Go on!

Naira while continuously crying tries to release herself but in vain. Kartik has clenched her so tightly that she couldn't even move. Kartik was feeling terrible on having to do such a thing with Naira. Tears roll down from his eyes as well.

The doctor was ready to poke the injection. Naira still crying, presses her left hand nails on his hand out of fear. Her nails hurt Kartik but he still doesn't leave her as her knew that Naira was in much more pain & that she needed him.
Just then, the doctor injects the syringe and Naira shreiks in utter pain. She closes her eyes tightly & squirms and wriggles in pain.
Kartik releases his grip and hugs her tightly.

K: Ho gaya dekho! Shant ho jao! Rona band...

He caresses her while she is still crying.
The doctor then takes the hammer. Both Kartik and Naira are stunned.
Before Naira could escape, Kartik again clenches her tightly just like before so that she couldn't move.

K: Naira bas ye last he...
N *sobbing*: Kartik chodo! Jaane do mujhe...
K: Nai jaane de sakta me tumhe..ye zaroori he na Naira..Bas 1 min aur..

The doctor softly pokes the hammer onto the bubble and it bursts. Naira again mourns in pain. Kartik leaves Naira and soothes her to ease the pain. Both hug each other and wipe their tears. After a while, they calm down..

Doc to K&N: Thode time me pain kam ho jayega. Firse swelling na ho isiliye shayad kal bhi ek injection dena pad sakta he...kal ke situation pe depend karta he....

Naira looks at the doctor in disbelief. Before Naira could react, Kartik utters

K to Doc: Okay doctor! Thank you!