Chapter 14

After discharge from the hospital, Kartik brought Naira home but the doctor had suggested a strict bedrest of 2 weeks for Naira. Due to the accident, Naira had a plaster on her right hand and left leg & bandages on her head and left hand.

On Day 1

Both wake up & freshen up. Kartik hepls Naira get ready.

At 9am, Kaira room

Naira was sitting on the bed & scrolling on her phone. Kartik enters with a tray in his hands.
Kartik puts the tray on the side table besides Naira's bedside.

K to N *while taking away the phone from her hands and putting it aside*: Ab phone side pe rakho aur breakfast karlo.
N: Haa do.. Bohot bhook lagi he mujhe! Kya bana he?

Naira tries to open the lid of the bowl kept on the tray but due to her plaster she couldn't reach the side table.

K: Arre arre tum kyu hil rahi ho...me hu na..me deta hu...nai nai deta nai hu..khila hi deta hu.
Par uske pehle ye lo...ye breakfast ke pehle wali medicine lelo..

The moment Kartik says 'medicine', Naira frowns

K: Chalo ab aise mu mat banao, kha lo *Kartik forwards his hand with pills in his hand*

Naira nods a No. After a lot of Naira's nautanki & a lot of coaxing and convincing from Kartik, Naira pops the pills.

K: Good ab ye breakfast * while taking the tray from the side table to his lap*

Kartik opens the lid of the bowl! It was chia seeds pudding with nuts and berries along with yogurt and juice.

N: Ye kya he! Mujhe nai khana ye healthy healthy!
K: Nai Naira ye hi khana padega tumhe *puts a spoon of the pudding in her mouth*
N *while eating*:Ab tum kya 2 hafte tak mujhe ye aisa boring boring khana khilaoge?
K: Ye boring nai he, healthy he..tumhare liye acha he. Isme milk he jo tumhare bones ke liye acha he aur....*Kartik rambles about the nutritional value of the food*

Naira rolls her eyes🙄 ignoring Kartik's blabbering and thinks to herself: Naira tu toh gayi! Ab 2 weeks  tak ye chalne wala he! Kaha phas gayi me🙈 Ab toh Kartik apni puri doctory tujhe pe nikalega

K: Ye lo ab ye juice pee lo *hands her the glass in her left hand*

Naira drinks the juice while fake smiling🙂 Kartik takes the glass from her hand & puts it on the tray.

K: Chalo ab tum rest karo.

Naira was about to pick up her phone but Kartik snatches it & says

K: Nai tum rest karogi! Rest matlab phone dekhna nai hota.
N *while making a puppy face*: Par Kartik me abhi toh soke uthi hu, aur kitna rest karu..
K: Nai Naira doctor ne kaha he tumhe pura rest karna he!
N in a bit angry tone *snatching the phone from Kartik's hands*: Me bed pe hi toh hu! Rest hi kar rahi hu!
K *again snatching the phone from Naira's hands and keeping it away out of her reach*: Rest matlab rest! Bas, aur kuch nai sun na mujhe..
N: Acha theek he.
K: Good

Kartik was about to get up from bed when Naira says

N:Theeeek he, me phone nai dekhungi par tum mujhe entertain karoge! Me bore ho rahi hu yaha pe!

Kartik puts the tray on the side table & comes & sits next to Naira.

K: Entertain?! Kaise?
N: Vo tum socho, mujhe nai pata...bas entertain karo..
K *after a minute of thinking*: Acha theek he, samaj gaya. Tum ruko yahi pe, me ek minute me aata hu..

Kartik goes to their walk-in closet and wears a white coat over his clothes and comes back into his room.

K: Hello Miss Naira, me hu Dr. Kartik