Chapter 32

After half an hour, Naira comes to the living room & sits next to Kartik in his arms. Kartik is clueless.

N *holds her hand to her ear*: I'm sorry!

Kartik looks at her in surprise.

N: Mene mera gussa tumpe nikal diya jab ki tumhari koi galti nai thi, tum toh mere liye....
K interupts: Its okay! I understand!

Kartik holds Naira tightly in his arms, both look at each other & smile. No words uttered, Eyes conveyed their emotions. Genuine & heartfelt apologies are better accepted.

K: I love you, tumhare worst pe bhi!

Kartik kisses her forehead while Naira closes her eyes & just smiles. Her smile was a reflection of how thankful she was, every single day, to have found such a patient & understanding companion for life.

To lighten the mood, Naira mischievously utters: Abhi toh mera worst dekha kaha he tumne!
K *jokingly*: Abhi se hi itne mood swings he tumhare, pata nai mera kya hoga jab tum...
N interupts: Chup raho tum! Ek pati ka kaam hota he apni patni ke nakhre uthana, aur ek biwi ko pura haq hota he apne pati ko pareshan karne ka...
K: Ye acha he. Matlab saare haq sirf biwi ko! Aur hum pati toh sirf ye nakhre aur saari frustration nikal ne ke liye he na..Aisa nai ki kabhi pyaar bhi nikalo pati pe..
N: Acha bachu..
K: Haaa

Kartik tickles Naira,she wriggles & the room is filled with her giggles. He just keeps on admiring Naira, her carefree laughter is what he wishes for every single day.  Later, Naira gets some chips & hot chocolate & both cuddle & watch the match.

No matter what happens, at the end of the day, she always finds her comfort in his arms.

After a while, Naira sleeps in his arms. Kartik picks her up & puts her in bed.

Kaira room
At night around 11:45pm

An alarm rings disturbing Naira's sleep, she wakes up to put off the alarm across the bed but finds a note pasted on the alarm clock.

The note read:

" Dear Wifey,

Change into comfies ➡️

Love K❤️"

The arrow pointed towards clothes kept ready for her on the couch. Naira quickly gets up, picks the clothes & gets ready.

After 15 mins she walks out of the washroom, in white shorts almost fully getting covered by a baggy baby pink coloured oversized sweatshirt. She wore knee length white socks & hair messily tied into a bun.

As soon as she walks out of the washroom, a pair of hands blindfolded her from the back.
Kartik's hands then grabs her waist into a backhug while he huskily whispers into her ears: Chalo
He picks her up in his arms & walks out of their room.

N: Kartik kaha leke jaa rahe ho tum?
K *jokingly*: Psychiatrist ke paas, meri biwi pagal jo hoti jaa rahi he...
N *suprised* : Heiin???
K: Chup chaap chalo!

Kartik puts her down in their balcony & removes her blindfold. She is astonished to see the balcony all decorated into a cozy setting with dim fairy lights & candles. At the center; a bed, some cushions, a warm blanket covered with a white bedsheet structured into a tent.

Naira notices a rose kept on the bed along with a  note. She cluelessly looks at Kartik & then proceeds towards the bed to get the note.
Naira reads the note while Kartik's eyes are stuck on Naira, her beaming smile, her blushing cheeks & her eyes which were sparkling in the moonlight.

The note read:

"No dupatta got stuck in my watch,
No filmy music played in the background!

Jab mile hum tum pehli baar,
It was nothing like Karan Johar wala pehli nazar ka pyaar!
Bas tha toh ek toofan tayaar!

Happy 4 saal to our pehli mulakaat biwi ji"

Naira quickly checks her phone-
'12:05a.m.- November 18, 2020'

Naira thinks to herself: Stupid Naira, itna important din kaise bhul sakti he tu!

Just then Naira looks at Kartik who with his eyes closed was whispering something to himself. Naira goes near Kartik & hears him murmuring: 4 saal pehle aapne mujhe meri life ke sabse important insaan se milwaya uske liye Thank You Krishna ji!

Naira immediately places 3 back to back kisses on Kartik's cheeks & then hugs him tightly, there was absolutely no space between them. Kartik opens his eyes & their eyes meet into a quick eyelock.

K: Madam ko date set up kaisa laga?
N: Perfect! Bilkul mere pati jaisa! I love you!

Kartik gently picks her up in his arms & makes her sit on the bed. He also sits next to her & wraps her in his arms.

K: Naira, me Krishna ji ko chahe kitna bhi Thank You bol du tumhe mujhse milwa ne ke liye, vo kaafi nai hoga!

Naira pinches Kartik & says: Same pinch!

Both smile ear to ear looking at each other & silently thanking their stars.
Kartik then pulls out a box of her favourite pizza from her favourite pizza place & also pours chilled coke into 2 glasses..

N: Cheers to 4 years & a lifetime to go!
K: Cheers to us!

Both take a sip & hug each other. Naira kisses Kartik on his chest & rests her head there.

N: Isse better toh kuch ho hi nai sakta! Tum, me, pizza aur ye raat!
K: Hmm

That night, they cuddle, eat & talk for hours gazing at the stars under the moonlit night sky until they fall asleep in each others arms.

In life, its important to celebrate small events & make your special ones realize how special they are! It need not necessarily be a grand celebration, just an intimate affair is more than enough, after all it's the company that matters!

* Day ends*

In a few days, Naira is completely fine. It was Kartik's constant care & concern that gradually healed her, not only physically but mentally as well. He proved that no matter what, he ALWAYS got her back, on good as well as bad days.
Constant efforts & unconditional support is pure goals.

**THE END**

Kindly let me know how was the story :)

Also, what sort of story do you want next