Chapter 10

In the room, Kartik enters

As soon as he sees Naira lying on the bed, his heart sinks, he becomes numb. He sees Naira covered in bandages all over her body. Her head, hands & legs...
He had never seen Naira in such a terrible state...his heart skips a beat...he couldn't control himself & starts sobbing.. he covers his face with both his hands...and sobs
After 1-2 minutes, he gathers himself and says to himself: Kartik tumhe strong ban na padega..apni Naira ke liye...
Kartik goes towards the bed and sits on the stool besides the bed...
Kartik leans forward and kisses Naira's right hand...he feels her hand as if feeling it for one last time...
He gets up from the stool and kisses her forehead..

Naira was unconscious but Kartik starts talking to her like she was listening and would respond...

K: Naira tum bilkul bhi mat darna...me hu na tumhare sath. Hum milke ye face karenge...tum bilkul theek ho jaogi...mujhe pata he meri Naira ek haath ke sath bhi utni hi strong aur confident hogi...tum dekhna sab bilkul pehle jaisa ho jayega...Naira tum bohot brave ho...aur ab toh me bhi hu tumhare sath..hum dono milke ye operation toh kya kuch bhi handle kar sakte he...Haina?! *Kartik as if asking for Naira's affirmation*

Kartik was giving himself confidence and hope by saying all this...
Then, he softly holds Naira's right hand in both his hands and keeps staring at her bandage covered face until....

Someone knocks on the door..

Person: Sir aap bahar aa jaiye ab please...
Kartik kisses Naira on her forehead and then on her right hand and then leaves the room...

At 12 midnight, operation starts...
Kartik prays throughout..

Kartik closes his eyes and imagines him and Naira together

**Dream starts**

Kartik and Naira had taken a much needed 2 day off from work and come to a resort to spend some quality time with each. In the past few days, Kartik was running on a very hectic schedule at shoot so they were not able to spend time together..

Kartik had planned a romantic poolside candle light dinner for Naira.

It was 8:30pm

The poolside was all set for a perfect date there could ever be, well decorated with lights and lanterns, soft music playing in the background, a red velvet cake on the table with " Congratulations Naira" written on it. Kartik, by the side of the table, eagerly waiting for Naira.

Kartik was all dressed. He was looking dapper in a black shirt - black pant with a red bow tie, hair all perfectly set.
He thought to himself while adjusting his bowtie: Waah Kartik waah! Kya lagg raha he aaj toh tu! Bohot handsome! Naira toh tujhe dekh ke hi flat hone wali he!!

Kartik while checking the last minute arrangements uttered: Naira aane hi wali hogi...8:30pm ho gyaa he. Naira aaj toh tum dekhna....

Before he could complete, he fell out of words, he could see Naira coming out from the corridor...
His eyes were stuck on her, he couldn't stop staring at her while Naira made her way towards Kartik near the table....

She was looking stunning. Naira wore a black off shoulder crop top with red pleated long skirt, black stilletos, hair open, bomb red lipstick, long earrings adorned with her million dollar smile.

Naira looked around, the place was looking beautiful. She uttered to herself: Impressive!!

Naira was walking towards Kartik and Kartik yet couldn't process how beautiful his wife was looking!

Naira came closer to Kartik, before he could say anything, Naira leaned in and kissed Kartik on his cheek leaving a lipstick mark on his cheeks. His jaw dropped a bit in amazement while his cheek turned red with the lipstick mark as well as with all the blushing from Naira's kiss....

K to N: Naira me bata nai sakta tum kitni pyaari lagg rahi ho! Bohot bohot bohot zyada stunning!
*Kartik does his customary "Hayee" holding his hand near heart on the chest*

Naira smiles and says: Thank you.

Kartik smiles

N: Aur tum?!!
K: Me kya?

Kartik was just waiting for Naira to praise him but instead..

N: Ye kya pehna he?
K blushes & smilingly says: Perfect he na! Pata he mujhe! Dekho hamare attires kitne match bhi kar rahe he!
N: Bilkul bhi nai
K:Kyu? Kya problem he isme?
N: Vo dekh rahe ho

*Naira points towards a waiter standing in the corridor. The waiter was wearing a white shirt with black pants, black waistcoat and a black bowtie*

N: Bilkul waise lag rahe ho

*Naira has a hearty laugh*
Kartik turns to see where Naira was pointing...
As soon as he sees the waiter, he makes a sad pout...he was looking super cute while pouting. Kartik turns towards Naira and irritatingly says...

K irritatingly: Kya Naira...tum toh...

Kartik stops saying as soon as he sees Naira laughing, he is lost into her...

N jokingly says: Kya me? Me itni ready hoke aayi hu aur tum aise waiter banke aa gaye...

Naira was actually joking, she loved how handsome Kartik was looking in what he was wearing. But Naira being Naira, couldn't confess on his face. Kartik also knew Naira was joking & that she also loved what he was wearing..

Kartik turned around, backhugged Naira, his chin resting on her shoulder, rounded both his hands on Naira's stomach..his fingers were roaming on Naira's bare stomach making Naira feel ticklish...

K romantically: Naira, me kitna bhi ready ho jau...tumhare saamne toh me feeka hi lagunga na..

Naira turns around facing Kartik, smiles and kissed him on his cheek.
Kartik leans forward for kiss on the lips...