9

Feitan inched his sword closer to his opponent. "What's that supposed to me-"

Ragnarok interrupted Feitan with a high-pitched scream affecting the whole room with sudden vibration. Not only was Feitan affected by the ability’s internal damage, but everyone else in the room except for Crona.
Feitan backed up a bit, wincing by the sudden pain, leaving an opening for Crona to make a move.
They kicked Feitan away from them, making him trip and quickly got back up.
Crona raised up their sword with Ragnarok continuing to scream, making the sword emitting a purple glow.
“Sorry...I don’t really know how I should end this, but you started it.” Crona looked down at Feitan with a crazed look in their eyes.

As Crona was about to finish Feitan off with just a swing of their sword, they felt a hand on their shoulder making them stop their sword from only inches away from Feitan

“Crona, I think that’s enough.”

They look over and see Chrollo being the one ending the fight.
Crona raised their weapon away and turned to face Chrollo.
“Sorry, I got carried away.” Their eyes went back to normal.

“Gah what the hell was that.” Phinks uncovered his ears, the others did the same.
“Warn us next time, geez that hurt.” Another member spoke.

“Sorry. Forgot there were others here.” Crona’s weapon disappeared and transformed back into Ragnarok.
“Well done partner! Looks like we showed Feitan who’s boss!” Ragnarok cheered, patting Crona’s head.
Feitan dusted himself off while slowly getting up. “Tch.” He walked away to where the rooms were and ignored the other spiders trying to get his attention.

“I think you made him even more irritated, Crona.” Shalnark walked up to the supposed winner.
“I would like to apologize, but I’d end up dead.”
“Don’t even bother with that gremlin.” Ragnarok added, yawning. “Now c’mon it’s late, I think we deserve a nice goodnight sleep.”
“You’re actually going to let me sleep?” Crona lightened up from their partner nodding.

“Actually Crona I would really like to talk to you before you head off.” Chrollo interrupted.
“Oh- ok.”

“Well that’s our que to go. See ya!” Shalnark waved while the others gathered themselves to go as well.
Each one of them bid farewell to their Boss and headed to their own separate rooms.

Chrollo walked up to his spot, which was at the very top, and sat with Crona following.
“Remember when I said that you’ll have to do something for me? I think now is a perfect time to discuss it.”
Crona started getting nervous. “L-like what?”
“Now that you have demonstrated your abilities, I believe they could really be in use for us.”
“A-are you saying…?”
“That is exactly what I am saying. Join the heist and depending on how long you might stay here, how about joining the Troupe as well? It already looks like you made some friends here.”

Crona stood up quickly. “I told you I have a world to go back to!”
“How do you know if you’ll get back?”
Crona’s pupils shrinked. “You promised me.”
“I didn’t promise anything."

Crona looked at him with disbelief, but sat down in defeat. “Feitan said that I would die if I refused right?”
“It would be a waste to kill you.”
Crona gripped their arm even tighter with their head down.
Chrollo stood up. “Here, I’ll give you time to decide, but you have to give me an answer before the auction. I’ll let you know when.”
Chrollo walked away from Crona and left them alone in the main area.

“That’s what you get for trusting a criminal.” Ragnarok spoke.
“He’s a liar. I finally felt happiness back home, but now I have to start over. I don’t want to be bad anymore, Ragnarok.” Crona’s voice quivered. “We don’t know what he’s gonna do to us if I say no. What if I get locked up like how I used to be?”

 What if I get locked up like how I used to be?”

“Just say yes then.”
“ Didn’t you just hear me?”
“Yeah yeah, but it’s better like that than being locked in a room for all your life. Say, talking about how you were back then, didn’t something feel familiar during that fight?”
“W-what do you mean?”
“Ya know, how you didn’t really hold back and you were actually wanting to end Feitan’s life.”
“I wasn’t thinking I know.”
“No it wasn’t only that. Maybe use your brain, dummy.” Ragnarok poked Crona’s head.

“I’m talking about your insanity.”