16

“What do you mean, Crona’s gone?” Phinks replied.
“I checked each room and a majority had holes in the walls.” Shalnark explained.
“Those kids.” Nobunaga mumbled, having an idea where Crona is.

“Those two brats?”  Feitan spoke, hearing Nobunaga’s mumble.
“They couldn't just take Crona right? What use would help them in taking one of our members?” Phinks sat.
“Plus it would lead them in danger, The boss said that if Crona escaped we would get them back.” Machi sighed.
“Aww and right when we were going to invite them in our killing spree.” Shalnark whined.
“Who do I team up with now?.” Machi realized.
“Oh right, since Crona’s missing you’ll pair up with anyone who’s left.” Shalnark spoke.

Machi looked around and only saw Hisoka, the only one available. Hisoka gave Machi a close eyed smile resulting in Machi to grumble.
“Now the boss said the Cemetery Building, right Feitan?” Shalnark sat up.

Feitan nodded while standing up, getting ready to make his way there while the others did the  same.

-another change of perspectives-

“Yeah and instead of having one winner, there was one loser!" Gon exclaimed.
Killua, Gon, and Crona were back in the room. After doing some walking around the city, they wanted to go back with Leorio until they hear another word from Kurapika.

Crona was inspecting Gon's hunter card while listening to Gon about his journey throughout the Hunter Exam. Based on what they were hearing, it seemed difficult. All that running and all that fighting. That would tire Crona for sure. Gon also told how Killua is in a family of elite assassins. Crona did seem surprised at first, but didn't think it was unusual since they were friends with interesting people themselves.
A son of a Shinigami, a member of the Star clan, heck even themselves is counted as an "interesting" person.

While they looked at the card, they noticed strange writing on it. Nothing they have ever seen before.
"Sorry to interrupt but what does this say?"

Gon looked over to see what Crona was mentioning.
"That says my name. Do you not know how to read?" He tilts his head, kind of like a cute puppy.
"Uh oh I should've thought that. Um it's just that I've never seen this type of writing before." Crona stutters.
"What do you mean you haven't seen this writing before? Do you have a secret language or something? Killua looked over.
"Gasp! That's so cool! Teach us!"
"They didn't say if they did, Gon. What if they're just illiterate?"
"Aww then we'll teach them!"

Crona looked back and forth at the two boys' conversation, still holding the card in hand.
"Um well yes and no in a way."

"Huh?" The two kids gave the meister a confused but interested look.

"I can't read whatever this is so I guess I'll be needing help, but it seems to be no different since I can understand everyone I have met here just fine."

"Say, where are you from?" Killua piped in.
"Oh well looks like I can tell you two then. Well I'm not from here if that isn't obvious enough, but what I mean from that is..i uh..I'm not from this world? If that makes sense."

"You're an alien?!" Gon gasped with wide eyes. "What planet?!" He asked with a wide smile and shining eyes.
"No no I don't really think i am." Crona waved their hands, shutting down Gon's excitement.
"Um well my friends live in Death City, Nevada. That's where I should be right now."

"Death City?"
"Nevada?"
The two boys wondered.
"Weird names. Especially the first one." Killua said.
"Yeah you're right, Nevada is a pretty funny name." Gon chimed.
"I'm talking about Death City you idiot. That place sounds like a murder town."

"No no it's not like that! It's just that the creator's name is Death. He's also the head of the academy I go to, for weapons and meisters." Crona fidgets with the card a bit.

"Weapons and meisters?"

"Mhm...there are people that can turn into weapons and meisters partner up with them to keep world order." Crona blushes in embarrassment, realizing how much they were talking.

"Woah turn into weapons!? That's so cool! Can you turn into a weapon, Crona?" Gon jumped, hoping to see them turn into a weapon.
"I don't….sorry but I'm just a meister."
"Aw. Wait then you have a weapon right?"
"I do but he doesn't seem to come out lately which is unusual since he likes to poke fun at everything I do."
"Come out? Is he with you right now?" Killua raised his head, seeming to show interest.
"Usually weapons and meisters are separate people, but because of the way I was raised, he is a part of me."

"Ooo what weapon is he?"
"A sword. Demon Sword is the name actually."
"Woah that actually sounds really cool." Killua stood up from his seat, standing beside his best friend.
"I don't know if he wants to come out. I would've really thought he would come out not too long ago but i guess he's just-"
Crona suddenly got interrupted by a bonk on the head.

"Don't say another word. I know you weren't going to insult me when i wasn't here."
Ragnarok appeared, making the two boys look at him in shock and amazement.
"How i missed you." Crona sighed sarcastically.

"Wooahhhhh!" Gon gasped.
"Woah! I didn't really expect that but he's so small!" Killua eyed the little demon resting on Crona's head.
"I'll go easy on these kids since they seem to appreciate me unlike some people." Ragnarok coughed but spitting out Crona's name making their partner sigh.

Ragnarok introduced himself to the boys and also let them see his weapon form making them more amazed than they already are.

"Hey Gon, what weapon do you think I would be?" Killua smiled at Gon.
"Ooooo! that's a good question. You're so cool that you can literally be anything, but that means I can be your Meister!" Gon smiled back.
"That's embarrassing!" Killua blushed, turning the other way.

Crona looked down at the boys with an innocent smile.
"Glad we're out of there. That place stinks." Ragnarok spoke, letting only Crona hear.

After a little while of Gon and Killua's playful conversations, Leorio walked in while putting his phone away in his pocket.
"Leorio! Look! Crona has a cool ability and it's not nen!" Gon ran over at Leorio.

"Haha hold up kid, I got news." Leorio nervously laughs.
"From Kurapika?" Killua walked over to the two.
"Looks like the Phantom Troupe is no more." The tall man smiled.

Crona perked their head up.
"What do you mean no more?"

"Looks like the leader and the other members' corpse were found in the city.
Their dead."

"Nice." Ragnarok chuckled.