26

"F-formal attire? I don't really have one at the moment. I mean i do but it's at home and it's not like i can just-"

Gon and Killua invited Crona to join them to participate in the auction.

"Don't worry about that Crona! I think what you're wearing now is alright. Unless you want a tuxedo like us." Gon suggested with a grin alongside Killua.

"No t-thank you! I'm fine with this!" Crona flustered, imagining how they would look in a suit and tie.
"Is Leorio and Kurapika going?"

"Only us. They have no use for Greed Island." Killua piped in, fixing his bowtie.

"Plus isn't this exciting? Consider it as a break." Gon smiled.

"A break?"
"Yeah! All you have done was run away and fight."
"Have I really?"
.
.
"Woah look how huge this place is!"

The three of them entered the auction building. Bright lights blinding their vision. Walking towards a large door that would lead them to a huge staged area with numerous amounts of seats.
Crona still felt cautious every step after what they heard about the last auction. They walked down the small steps to find open seats with the other two kids in front of them.

"You ever been to an auction before, Crona?"
Gon asked, turning his head only to look for free spots.
"N-no. There's so many well dressed people here. My hair is such a mess, I'm already feeling judged already!"

"Look at my hair. It's just as messy, but i don't care. Don't have that mindset, Crona. Plus that hair kind of suits you." Killua said with Gon nodding in agreement.

As the pinkette was about to thank the boys, they almost tripped by the sudden stop Gon and Killua made.
They turned to where they were looking and made eye contact with two people they never thought they were going to see again.

The two of them bolted out of the room while dragging Crona by the wrist.

"What are they doing here!?"
"How am I supposed to know?!"
"You said this was a break from running away!?"

"Woah there, really think you can run out the room like that?" Phinks caught up, stopping them.
"Why wouldn't we run?" Gon grumbled.

"Don't worry. We're not going to mess with you anymore." Feitan said while standing on the other side of them.
"Gah! How many more times are we going to see your faces?" Ragnarok whined, appearing next to Crona.
"Please just leave us alone." The demon complained, pretending to cry in a joking manner.

"Trust me, i don't want to see you either."
Feitan replied.

"Look, it's not like we can kill the chain user anyway. He used his chains on the boss meaning we can't do anything to him."

"Wha? I thought it was the other way around?" Gon asked bluntly.

"When you die, it doesn't mean that your nen disappears. Nen driven by hatred and regret can last a long time after death and will direct themselves to the target's emotions. The boss having his nen taken away puts him in a more vulnerable position of that sort of assault."

"What are you two doing here then?" Crona asked.

"What else? To enjoy the auction like you three, or uh four?" Phinks answered, slowly walking to the door.

"How about Pakunoda? How is she?"
Crona spoke once more.
What they hoped they would hear would be at least a good answer. After their little bonding moment before being sent off with Kurapika, they were quite fond of the lady.

"She actually died."

The three kids widened their eyes from the unexpected reply.
"Ouch" Ragnarok mumbled.
"I see." Gon looked down.
"Let's just go." Killua mumbled.

"Paku… Paku was actually really thankful to you kids." The tall man said, getting the attention of the kids.

"We also know what you asked for her to tell us, Crona." He continued.
"It was great to have you temporarily."
He exited the room with Feitan following behind.
"Bye FeiFei! See you never haha!" Ragnarok waved while laughing hysterically.
Crona still stood there trying to process everything, even the new found knowledge about nen.

"Cronaaaa." Gon shook the meister a little.
"I got this." Ragnarok scooted the boy's hand and prepared to hit his partner on the head.

"Ow ow okay okay sorry! I was just lost in thought sorry." Crona covered their head.

"Let's get back to finding our seats. If we stay here longer, we might end up up sitting on the floor." Killua suggested.

"Yeah! And i think the auction is about to start too. No one else is here besides those two people."

"Right sorry."

The three of them ran back to the staged area and lucky enough to find three open seats.

"I like how we're here looking so fancy and professional but we have no idea on how an auction works." Ragnarok snickered.
"Just smile and wave." Gon snickered back with the little demon.

"Idiots." Killua said but couldn't help to smile.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Looks like you were right. They sent me a picture of Crona in the hallway. Yeah that's them alright, Ragnarok is there too."

"You sent your two guns over there, correct?"

"The auction like you said. I'm impressed about the difference in abilities of this world and how quickly you found them. Your choice of weapon is so perfect and symmetrical. Unless you have one hand with a different amount than the other but let's not talk about that. Just the thought gives me nightmares."

"I'm intrigued by your abilities as well. Nothing I ever heard of or at least possible with nen. Humans to weapons."

"Nen. That's what I keep wondering about."

"Hey Hey! I'm baaaack!"

"What are you doing here? Where is your sister?"

"Ugh yeah okay soooooooo. She actually really liked how fancy and bright that place was but it was so boring so I left. I told her we'll be at some building's rooftop. You guys were so easy to spot from down there hee hee!"

"It's going to take a while then. Sigh-"

"Hello pin man! We didn't see you the other day. Where did you go?"

"He went to help a business partner of his. Now be careful about jumping around, I don't want you falling."

"Aye aye captain!"

"Why won't you confront them now?"

"I always have to double check."

"You know how much I wanted to hug the life out of Crona when I saw that crazy pink hair?! It was so hard but you kept telling me to wait like a big square hmph!"

"Looks like we can take it from here now that I know that they are closer than I thought. We'll be able to go back home sooner than expected."

"Is it that simple enough?"

"There is a possibility where I'm going to ask you again since I have no idea how the ways of this city works, but we will see. Now I have to do my part of the deal, right? What is your brother's name again?"

"Killua"