It's So Beautiful

K A T A R A

I sit there feeling a variety of emotions.

I didn't know how to feel after his whole explanation.

My most prominent emotion though was thankfulness.

I'm happy he's finally opening up to me and telling me the whole truth.

My second prominent emotion is confusion. How does he go by everyday like he doesn't have all these problems?

I'm also lost on the Isaac thing. Why would Isaac want to get close to me knowing me and and Leo have something and he has Leo's mother and brother?

He stares at me wanting me to say anything and probably trying to read me but the only thing I could do was embrace him in a huge hug.

He became stiff but soon calmed down realizing I was only trying to give him affection and reluctantly hugged me back.

His voice came out emotional and he says, "You know I find myself hugging you lately, I haven't hugged someone like this since I was 17."

It only makes me hug him tighter and he lowers his head so it rests on my shoulders and I feel his demeanor dropping.

After 2 minutes of holding him I slowly pull away but he only pulls my back closer and surprisingly says, "N-no don't let go yet."

I only smile at him and wrap my arms around him again and lay us down on the bed we were sitting on.

His head moves to lay on my chest and all I could hear was the sounds of our breathing.

After some time I noticed Leo's breathing got slower and I looked down and saw he was asleep.

Did he not sleep well?

It probably took a lot of energy out of him to explain this to me.

Who knows how long he's had all of this bottled up for and how long he's dealt with him and his thoughts to himself.

My mind drifts to when he explained his childhood to me.

It looks like we both had a rough time as children except the difference is he's made peace with himself by killing his father.

If killing my son of a bitch uncle was legal it would've been done years ago.

I understand his pain and hurt of being treated like garbage at a young age and it chasing you back as an adult and turning yourself insecure.

I feel horrible that Isaac's uncle took his mother and brother from him, I feel like I was being used just to taunt Leo.

My eyes tear up a bit thinking that I actually thought someone could actually like for me.

Isaac gave me hope.

And boy was I fool to fall for his games and believe he actually cared about me.

A tear falls down my cheek but I immediately wipe it away. The one thing I told myself while living under my uncle's roof  was to never get my hopes up and I already broke my own rule.

I should've known that no one would ever like me in that way, no one ever does.

I look down at Leo and run my hands through his soft hair making it look a bit messy and his shoulders relax.

I need to be strong right now for Leo, he needs me right now and needs all the help he can get.

I'm going to make it my mission to help him and I won't stop even if he's pushing me away.