Good I Hope Its A Stroke

K A T A R A

We had just finished eating and he actually loved it and claimed it was better than any food at a first class restaurant.

We were in my room currently as I was lay my head on his lap and a record from my favorite album played on my record player as he read through a part in the book I asked him to read because I think it's just a masterpiece.

His eyebrows were furrowed as he concentrates on what he's reading while using one hand to hold the book up and the other to run his fingers through my hair.

I now know that the feeling of his fingers running in my hair was something I was beginning to love.

Every once in a while his hand would part from my hair to turn the page but all I knew was that this position was as close to heaven on earth that I'll get.

My view is his perfectly structured jawline and his tussled hair that I ran my fingers through earlier that rests messily on his head.

I watch as his striking blue eyes rake through the pages that reminded me of winter.

His fingers detangle from my hair and he puts my bookmark in place and he says, "The girl kinda reminds me of you bambina."

I smile and say, "Oh? How so?"

He chuckles and caresses my hair and says, "She's sassy and won't take no for an answer but on the inside she's really a naive, shy, and submissive little girl."

A blush coats my cheeks and he smiles and leans down and kisses both my dimples.

Our moment was interrupted when his phone starts buzzing.

He reaches into his pocket and reads a text and his face turns serious.

He looks down at me and asks, "Remember when I explained about how the Johansson family has my mother and brother?"

I nod understanding and he says, "I have to get them bambina."

I nod still not understanding his point and say, "Okay then get them."

He says, "That means I'm leaving."

"For weeks even."

My face drops and I say "Oh," as I hear his revelation and see his face falter a bit but I decide to suck it up, he needs to save his family and I can't be selfish because I want his attention.

I give him a small smile and say, "You'll call me though right? At least once so I know you're safe?"

He nods and says, "Of course I will."

I smile back and ask, "So when will you be leaving?"

He says, "I need to leave now bambina."

I tense up already dreading him leaving and minute now but I keep up my support and give him a reassuring smile.

I say, "Make sure to get me a souvenir wherever you go though."

He chuckles and pulls my waits closer to him and says, "Of course baby, I wouldn't forget it."

He kisses my lips passionately, the both of us afraid to stop it so we don't have to say goodbye to each other.

He deepens the kiss and pulls me onto his lap and his fingers dig into my waist.

My mind gets clouded not thinking clearly at what was going on but I need this right now. Anything could happen to him and if something were, I'd never forgive myself for not taking advantage of every last second I have with him.