Ch 4

The whispers in the hall were nothing out of the ordinary, but they seemed to be crueler than normal... The harsh whispers all seemed directed at his heart as if they wanted to slice it open

Rin walked up to his locker where a piece of paper was tapped. It was his love confession to Bon, he only had that hidden away in his diary.

The laughs got louder as Rin looked around and saw copies all along the hall and on the lockers of everyone else who was yet to collect their things...

He thought the papers were just fliers. Yukio walked up to him and placed a hand on Rin's shoulder.

"Hey Rin, are you alright?" Yukio asked softly.

Rin felt so violated, so betrayed.

Rin shook his head. "I need some space," Rin said softly as he walked away.

"Rin," Yukio said softly in concern.

Rin kept walking and a group of girls bursts out in laughter as he walked by. He broke out in a sprint leaving Yukio behind. The gossip grew louder and Yukio stood in the courtyard watching Rin slowly disappear.

"Well I sure hope you are all proud of yourselves," Yukio growled at the students who quickly went silent. Yukio never got mad at the other students, it was a new look for him, a bad one at that, rather unnerving for all the students who stood in the hallway.

Rin sprinted to the dorm not caring who saw him. He heard Yukio's phantom calls fade out the closer he got to the dorm, but he couldn't do this. There was no way he could face Bon, or anyone else. How much else of his diary had been copied and shared?

How much did they know about him? How many of his secrets have been exposed?

Rin snuggled into his bed and hid under the sheets, hiding from all light, all prying eyes, hiding from the world. He couldn't face it all now. It was too much. A soft tap on the glass pane window caught his attention. Rin peeked his head outside his cocoon of safety to peer into the real world... what was making that noise... or more of whom? Well, Amaimon of course.

He had the old black tattered book known as Rin's diary under his arm as he held onto the window sill with the other hand. Rin lit up and threw his cocoon off and walked towards the window.

He didn't really want to see Amaimon, but that book held some of his dearest memories. Shiro had given it to him as a birthday present, he was six at the time, nearly a decade and he still held onto it.

Every dream his mind held onto he had written in there, every bad day, every argument with Shiro, all the best days, all his best moments and his worst. Everything he held dear, it was all in that book.

Rin swiftly undid the locks letting Amaimon in the room. Amaimon hadn't taken the time to change out of his uniform all too familiar, he could easily blend in with the rest of the students easily if it weren't for his bright green hair that made him stick out, which made him so distinct.

It was part of him. It wouldn't look the same on anyone else. Rin wouldn't like it on anyone else. It wouldn't be the same.

"Amaimon what are you doing here?" Rin stutters, wiping any trace of tears away.

"I came here to see you and give you this... I promise you Kyjer will not be a problem anymore, I made sure of that," Amaimon muttered softly handing Rin the diary.

"Thank you," Rin's velvety soft words slid right past Amaimon.

Rin was upset but was hiding it. Rin was trying to show no weakness in front of the king. For weakness made demons attack and the last thing Rin wanted was a fight. Amaimon despised the fact that Rin was hiding it from him, any other being and he would attack, but Rin was different, hiding it like this was much more of a weakness.