Ch 8

Rin sat happily next to Amaimon as they dug through the snacks Rin had prepared, sitting around bindging movies was Rin's idea for date night and Amaimon wasn't complaining. Having Rin so close and benign able to watch as his face lit up in joy whenever the movie did something funny or the interest written in his eyes when a plot twist occurred. Rin was very entertaining, Amaimon wondered if the movie was even necessary.

Amaimon began pondering the possibilities for what may get Rin to have these same reactions, or joy and interest. Did Rin have any hobbies? RIn liked to play with Kuro and he liked cooking, but other than that Amaimon blanked on ideas, soon he began to fret. How could the demon king not know such a simple thing as Rin's hobbies?!

"Hey, Amai are you alright?" RIn inquired leaning his head on AMaimon's shoulder.

"Just thinking,"

"Bout what?" Rin asked engulfing another handful of popcorn.

"What are your hobbies?"

"Cooking, reading manga, playing with Kuro, nothing really outside of that," Rin replied. "Why are you asking?"

" I should know about what you like to do so I can learn about it and do it with you," AMiamon replied.

"Well then I should learn what you like as well, it is only fair," Rin added.

"I suppose I enjoy playing, you are rather entertaining on your own as well,"

"Thanks, I guess," Rin muttered softly, pondering for a response.

"But I like you for more than that," Amaimon added softly leaning his head on Rin's shoulder.

A crimson blush ran across Rin's face at the small action. "I figured that much," Rin purred, shifting softly as to accommodate the small action. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but could you stay over tonight? I just don't feel comfortable being alone right now,"

"Of course," Amaimon purred softly cuddling further into Rin.

"I don't know about you, but I am getting rather sleepy, do you think we could move this to my bed?" Rin asked, yawning softly.

"If you are uncomfortable I wouldn't mind moving,"

"Well I am fine here, I just don't think it would be all that comfortable for you,"

"I am fine here," Amaimon purred softly, closing his eyes. Rin soon let his eyes fall as he drifted off to sleep.

Amaimon woke head fuzzy and ears ringing, he was alone in the middle of a forest. Had he fallen asleep? No, he was with Rin... was that a dream? That would have been a rather odd dream, they were never so pleasant.

"Nice to see you awake Amaimon," Astaroth purred happily.

Amaimon froze at the familiar voice.

"So it has come to my attention that you are trying to claim the prince as your own. I am surprised that you would even risk that, seeing as you cannot even defend yourself from the likes of me, how could you possibly defend our prince? It just doesn't make sense unless you are trying to get his protection for yourself, but that would be so selfish of you,"

Amaimon couldn't even whimper as Astarhoth loomed over him. "It also seems you have forgotten our bond, but that would be so inconsiderate of you, forgetting all about us,"

"There is no us," Amaimon growled before biting his tongue wishing he could take back the words that slipped from his lips.

A growl escapes from Astaroth at the words fired at him, though with his disgust he couldn't help but feel happy, Amaimon was surely going to be fun to play with. "Oh but our bond suggests otherwise,"