ch 19

The three red candles lit the room, adding to the melancholy tone of it all.

Rin would hate him, he and Father had their differences but they belonged together, father and son. The perfect pair, altered reflections of one another, one so proud and brash, the other humble and true. They were the perfect balance to this world, the thing that would make it perfect.

Still, presenting this to Rin wouldn't help at all. He was clear about his stances on Father; never did he stray away from the fact that he wanted nothing more than to see the demon god be wiped from the very universes they are presided in.

It was the biggest roadblock, Rin if only he was more willing would be the perfect benign to rule beside father as the equal. Yet Rin was far too stubborn, and Rinka was never one to be the bigger being. He would have to introduce them to each other slowly, carefully constructing and building the relationship. That way Rin could act as the true voice of reasoning to Satan's plans and ideals.

It may take more than just him, Samael would most likely have to get involved for the process to be the easiest. Together, if Samael could go along with his plan they could build the desired world. Samael could keep his precious humans and Lucifer could finally get the body he so desired, a perfect life without pain.

To live, breath, walk, speak, live amongst the humans in a painless way, was the best outcome of them all. Humans are inventive, diverse, complex, and simple, with their logic, rules, and reasonings for the simplest things. Every single one holds semi-unique characteristics and ideals, each having their reasons for them. There are the few who blindly follow the exact words of others without question for no other reason than they were raised that way. But the old days of blatant obedience are slowly crippling, making this new generation of humans far more interesting.

Samael sure does seem to enjoy the creativity and inspiration of his humans. It was rather easy to see why as well. He had found the reliability of his subordinates comforting, their adoration was always welcome as well. They all stuck to their jobs and performed to the utmost capacity, handling their responsibilities, and downfall with pride.

They were reliable and dedicated. Without them, the process of maintaining his hosts and creating one for Father would be far more taxing.

"Commander, are you feeling alright?" Homare asked, nudging the tension that laid over the aspect of speaking at that moment.

"Yes," Lucifer muttered quietly, standing and looking over to the dark oak door. "I think it's time for me to retire. I will see you in the morning,"

"Of course commander,"

Reaching the door it easily slid open, shattering any fears of misstepping along with it. Lucifer was a very forgiving being but it was best not to make too many mistakes around him or mistakes at all. Sure the perfect act was fake, but they had been kept around for this long so something must be working.

The halls were tame, dull of the action from the day. The sleepy silence was oddly comforting, it was perfect there was no difficulty, no suffering. Only if his host could handle his magic. He had recently switched but he could feel the biting pain at his joints as cartilage failed to keep up. He should stop putting so much strain on his host, sleep was what helped humans regenerate after all.

He arrived at his desired room rather quickly, wasting no time in opening the door.

As the light seeped into the room, the silhouette of two familiar being resigned against the sheet. White and green tufts of air stuck up from the sheets, revealing their location. They both happily laid in a chaotic nest of pillows and sheets. Tucked into a warm bed they were safe from the dangers of the world.