ch 23

Father was rather adamant on visiting Beelzebub first if it was to get the youngest out of the way the quickest or just because he desired to see the king who lingered the longest in Gehenna Lucifer couldn't tell. Knowing Father he either had more than one reason or no reason at all.

Approaching the castle was innocent enough but something did seem amiss. Wisps of odd scents lingered in the air, one of the more prominent ones was Samael. But Samael would have known better than to let his scent linger in this territory...

Then again, Amaimon did have to change out of his provided clothes in order to escape undetected. Not to mention all of Mephisto's students reeked of his scent. They were lucky Father was unaware of scents and how they were linked to the kings.

Not to mention there was a boiling feeling in Lucifer's stomach, as he continued to approach he caught onto the more familiar groups of scents. Amaimon, the dull individual scents of Rin's human friends, but something was clawing at him. It was a familiar but new scent. It was most familiar to Rin but there was something about it.

It was quieter than normal, almost less noticeable. Lucifer had to search far harder than he normally could have for the scent. Upon arrival at the steps, Beelzebub was inside quivering as he saw us approach the door. So, this is where they ran off to. Smart thinking, hiding them in the most fragrant area of Gehenna, no one without purpose would come here.

"Hello Lucifer, Father. What brings you here?" Beelzebub shook as he looked up at the demons on his doorstep.

"Well I was going to make acquaintance with you but your territory reeks. Once you clean yourself up you can meet me at Lucifer's palace," Satan scoffed, sneering at the demon below him.

"Father, is it alright if I speak with Beelzebub for a bit longer?"

"Don't take too long. I will go speak with Astaroth,"

Beelzebub stepped to the side and let Lucifer walk into the main room.

"It's nice to see you in a host body again Beelzebub," Lucifer struck up a small conversation for the simple properness of it.

"Yeah..." Beelzebub diverted his gaze, seemingly checking for something. "So, I'm curious why are you and Father here exactly?"

"Well, father stated his reason..." Lucifer taking in the surroundings and following Beelzbubs' gaze. "But as I think you know, I can smell them,"

"W-what?" His head snapped, looking over to Lucifer as the said king stood unblinking at the hall.

"Oh don't play dumb with me," Lucifer approached, a simple smile hiding what cruel intentions he had. "You know you cannot lie to me,"

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean,"

"You are hiding Amaimon, Rin, and his friends. You are lucky Father is unaware of scents,"

"Are you accusing me of betraying Father?"

"Yes and no. But I am more than certain that I am correct. If anyone would be the one to go against Father it would be you. The news of Father's arrival would quickly reach your ears through your rampant chain of gossip. Not to mention you would be the last benign Father would expect. I think what's most sad about this is that you do think that you can manipulate Rin,"

"Rin's not even here, I have no association with him or his traitorous mate,"

"I'm glad you're a terrible actor. Or I would have had your throat by now... I'm also honored that you would protect them like that. But I am disappointed in you, using them just for your own gain... I believed you were less selfish. But believing in you is foolish isn't it?" Lucifer sighed. Walking over to the various decorations hung upon the wall. "Do you really think that if Rin gets to power he will allow your kin to continue infecting Gehenna? Though he will be more merciful on them. Regardless there is no way you can keep up your little burrow of kin."