ch 13

Rin walked happily, the sun beating down on him, accompanied by the cold breeze it was a rather nice day. He felt hopeful, almost happy as he walked. The day Yukio had left was the beginning of so many new things. More importantly, it was a new step in his relationship with Amaimon. The two were married now?

Rin still didn't understand how it worked, and he didn't feel that different. But he had noticed a change in Amaimon, he has gotten more expressive. More carefree, not careless necessarily. But Amaimon no longer held a somber tone, but he appeared more cheerful.

There were still a few things he could work on to be more expressive but Rin had noticed a shift in him.

A certain white falcon flew over the boy and dropped a letter on his head. The paper toppled down to the ground catching RIn off guard.

"What's this?" Rin asked in confusion, picking up the letter. Rin gassed up into the trees and he quickly found the falcon, waiting as it perched in the tree. "So this is Lucifer's response?"

The bird nodded softly from the tree.

"Meh," Rin scoffed, tossing it behind him.

However, before the white envelope hit the ground. The bird swooped and caught it, perching on RIn's shoulder as it dropped the letter once again, this time in Rin's pocket.

"You want me to read this letter don't you?" Rin huffed and grabbed the letter. "Fine, then I will read it,"

The letter read

Dear Rin,

I have considered your terms and you do have very significant points that I cannot discredit nor get around. I see joining my side is out of your comfort zone, but please consider leaving the order. I fear nothing good will come from you and Amaimon staying there.

Sincerely,

Lucifer

"That's it?" Rin was bitterly confused. He inspected the letter further, turning it over and flipping it to find any hidden words.

The bird chirped happily in response.

"I will talk with Amaimon, but I am not promising you a single thing," And with the response in Mind, the bird flew off.

Rin continued on his walk happily. Amaimon was going to treat him to dinner, though knowing him it would just be something store-bought. Nonetheless, it was a sweet action, and Rin would eat the food.

Surely it couldn't be worse than whatever meal Samael made.

Rin upon entering the dorm was it with a fix of scents. The spices seemed to pour through the dorm... How much spice had he used???

"Amaimon?" Rin called out in question walking into the dorm.

"Yes, Rin?" Amaimon asked from the floor above.

"How much spice did you use?" Rin shouted as he walked up the stairs.

"The right amount, trust me this is not a human dish, you are supposed to smell it from far away," Upon arrival Rin found Amaimon sitting on the countertop next to a pot filled with a goopy reddish substance.

"Amaimon what are you making?" Rin let his bag fall onto the unstable boards, and stomped over the old creaky wood to the said demon king.

"A Gehenna dish. I promise it's not over seasoned like Samael dose with his dishes," Amaimon jumped down from the counter and softly hit the ground. "I wouldn't hurt you with food,"

"Well that's reassuring," Rin stopped mid-step and gazed at the demon king. "Since when did demons have dishes?"

"Our culture developed alongside humanities. Most of the species we use either come from our magic or it's corrupted versions of Assiah plants," Amaimon replied walking to the little window