ch 22

"Of course Father," Lucifer rose once more, looking over to Yukio. "Father, I don't wish to speak out of term, but is it alright if I bring Yukio along with me? He is the key to getting Rin to join us,"

Satan followed his gaze, glaring through Yukio he nodded. "I have no use for a disrespectful human anyways,"

With hesitance, Yukio stepped forward, although his space quickened once out of Satan's reach. Reaching Lucifer they both took their leave and exited the room, not wishing to aggravate the already riled god.

"Although it may be tempting you must not speak out against Father," Once out of earshot Lucifer spoke up, directing his speech to Yukio. "Unlike Rin, Father is not so forgiving he can and will punish you for any shortcomings you happen to present. To him, you are nothing but a human,"

The warning would have been better in advance... but even still, Yukio may have spoken out. Egyn never reacted kindly to appearance being mocked, but he was passive enough to handle it. Knowing that must have triggered something within him, something that made him stand between Satan and Egyn.

He knew as much that Satan could kill him, or rather easily bring him to the edge of death. But that all seemed irrelevant on the urge of the moment; not the celestial blue eyes, claws for easy dismemberment, fangs for agonizing destruction, or even the overwhelming collection of power could discourage him. Well, they didn't discourage him at that moment. When his pride and boldness all washed away, he was left feeling more of prey than he had ever been before.

Maybe life was in his favor, after all, Lucifer came just in time to release Satan's fixation on him and Egyn.

This whole situation was bizarre. Rin was with Lucifer when they went to bed the night before, so why was Rin now gone? Not to mention nothing was ever spoken about a tracking device on Amaimon or their clothes. It might have been just a secret. But why would Lucifer put a tracking device on either of them if they were just going to stay on the ship?

Where did Rin think he was even going? There were no safe places for him anymore. The Illuminati won and the order still has a bounty on his head. Not to mention the general public is now taking sides in the matter. Both demons and humans were after him, so there was nowhere he could run or hide that he couldn't be followed.

Why was Satan set on Rin in the first place? Hadn't the demon hurt him enough?

"Commander, we have located them,"

"Very good, set course for them. Finding Rin and Amaimon is our top priority,"

Conversation snapped Yukio out of his daydream-like daze. "Thank you for stepping in,"

"You are integral to my plans, it's necessary that you are kept alive," Lucifer spoke, not even sparing a glance at the boy. "Besides it would be disgraceful on my behalf to let you die so soon,"

Well so much for concern... It was still better than being left with Satan.

What was he even expecting? They were demons, they never claimed to care about him or his needs. He was a pawn to them, in the end, he could deal with that, the only reason he was here was because of Rin. If he were here, then Rin wouldn't need to be afraid. His fear could subside knowing that both of them were safe.

His only wish was that Rin was not to be changed by Amaimon, he was clinging to the scraps of hope that Rin was still mostly human. Still loved, and appreciated humans. If not the world was surely doomed; not to mention the entire human race. They would either be slaughter or enslaved, both wouldn't be desirable outcomes.

If Satan were truly considering having Rin as his prince then they would have to listen to each other... He had to hope Rin wouldn't sell out the human race and stand to defend them.