ch 18

The old lights flickered as home dwindled. All desks had been tucked to the side as they searched for some ounce of hope. Bon along with Koneko had taken to flipping through the textbooks, trying to cram in what information they could.

It was hopeless, Shura was busy nearly every waking hour leaving the exwires to their own devices when it came to learning. Not too long after Rin left, Shima disappeared as well, no doubt being called in to serve some purpose for the Illuminati.

"How can he be gone?" Shiemi cried as Izumo paced around the classroom.

"He isn't dead Sheimi, and I doubt he would join the Illuminati so easily," Izumon snapped, her ponytails flying as she came to halt.

"Can we not bicker over what may or may not be happening? What we need is a way to protect ourselves, and infighting won't get anything done." Bon scolded, looking up from the book seated firmly in his lap.

"Protect ourselves from what exactly?" Izumo sneered.

"Demons," Bon sighed, closing the book shut. "Who else would we need to protect ourselves from?"

"I can't believe I have to spell it out for you. We can't trust the order," Izumo said patronizingly.

"And why not?"

"If we put an ounce of trust in them how long till they pick us off or we get killed on a mission?"

"The order is full of respectable-,"

"Are you serious? Respectable? They have been trying to kill Rin from the start and not to mention the hundreds of exorcists like Yukio they have!"

"Everyone please calm down, we are already small as is. We shouldn't keep fighting over things that don't matter," Koneko cried, stopping further argument.

"So? You support them," Izumo did not refrain from a distaste for his comment.

"I... I never said that Izumo, I just think we need to look out for each other and fight when we don't need to," Koneko stood, folding the book neatly as he did so. "We need to stick together more now than ever before."

"Koneko's right. I'm sorry Izumo. I was too quick to argue," Bon muttered. "I should have listened,"

Her face reddened with blush, Izumo left the room.

Regret swam in the air as they all sat and waited for some better outcome. Maybe she would just walk back in and they continue on their search for information... But what use would that be? None of the books were overly helpful other than teaching the bare-bones basics. Memorizing text on a page wouldn't help them either.

They needed to train but no one was around to truly train them in any aspect. Well, there was someone but he was probably busy as all exorcists were at the moment... then again, he was only a supervisor and could put aside the time to teach them.

"Bon you have your idea face on. Have you thought of a plan that could help us?" Koneko beamed.

"It's not a plan but more of a person," Bon exclaimed. "But it will most likely take all of us to get it to work,"

"Sheimi could you go find Izumo?" Koneko asked, walking over to the blonde.

With a careful nod, Shiemi rose, taking her Greenman for the short walk.

"Izumo?" Shiemi called, walking through the empty halls.

She had to be around here somewhere, right? Izumo is fast, but she couldn't have made it that far.

"Shiemi?" Izumo sniffled, bringing her sleeves up to her face.

"Izumo! We have a plan," Sheimi chirped, ignoring the red rings around Izumo's eyes, "Or more of Bon has a plan. But we are all needed for it,"