chapter 4- safe, for now

pov: mark

it's been 4 days of being stranded out here. i don't know where we are, somewhere in cuckoo idaho. it was so cold, too. lexie was splayed across my lap and arizona was resting her head on my shoulder. up against a tree derek and cristina were on opposite sides of meredith. we could all see each other, but it still felt like one of us could die at any second.

pov: lexie

i woke up freezing in the middle of the night to a loud chopper sound. mark was still holding my hand, just the same as when i passed out. the weight had been lifted off of me and i managed to speak. "w-what's going on?" mark turned his head slowly. he probably thought he was imagining my voice.
"you're awake! guys she's awake, and i hear a chopper!" he yelled. i tried to sit up but mark pulled me back down.

i looked up at him and he shook his head, indicating it would be bad for me to sit up. "the choppers here, lex. we're gonna be okay." i didn't know how true that was, but i was willing to believe it.

arizona and i were brought up first. we were in a plane again. "uh-uhm i can't do this. i can't be in a plane!" arizona screamed. "sedate me. sedate us because we can't get on a plane. we were in a plane crash!"
"do you all want to be sedated?" the paramedic asked us. we all nodded.

pov: mark

they got us all on the plane, i don't remember any of it, considering we were all sedated. i dreamt a lot about the plane and lexie. i dreamt about her dying and us not being able to get the plane off of her. the dreams got so bad that i wanted to wake up, but i couldn't because of the sedation.

when i woke up we were back in seattle. i could hear the machines around me, probably my fellow doctors from the crash. callie was sitting in my room, asleep. "torres?" i mumbled. i guess i startled her because she jolted and woke up immediately.
"mark! you're awake?!" she yelled.
"yeah, i'm awake. what's going on?" i replied.