chapter 22- nightmare

pov: lexie

"i can't get on that plane," i said.
"lexie, you're gonna be fine. i've worked to hard to train you for you not to be my fellow next year. you can't pass the test if you never take it," derek told me.
"hey, i love you. now go pass your damn boards!" mark encouraged me.
"okay, i'm gonna go now, love you guys. love you mark!" i yelled as i got on the bus. i saw them wave as the bus pulled out with me and my fellow residents on it.

we got to the airport and got ready to board our plane. this is the first time i've been near a plane since the accident. once everyone was on the plane it took off. i gripped the arms of my seat tightly. about halfway through the flight there was some minor turbulence. the images raced through my head. images of me falling, of mark falling, of me being trapped. i squinted my eyes closed tightly until steve tapped my shoulder. "we're here," he informed me.

i stayed in my hotel room for the rest of the night. eventually i ordered room service and then i went to bed.

there was screaming, lots of screaming. i smelled something burning and i felt blood trickling down my face. the plane had crashed. i saw mark, his mouth was moving hit no words were coming out. meredith was crying. then i saw myself. my lifeless, pale, dead self. mark was stroking my hair and sobbing. meredith and cristina were hugging one another and crying as well. i was dead. i was dead. i was DEAD.

then i woke up. a few minutes later my alarm went off and i started to get ready. i out on my nice pantsuit and did my makeup. then i met up with steve, megan and some of my other resident friends. we made our way to the hall where we're supposed to take our test. april was there to, retaking her test because of what happened last year. "hey april!" i called out.
"oh my gosh lexie! i forgot you'd be here, well good luck," she replied.
"good luck to you too april. go kick some ass!" i told her as the examiner called her name.
"lexie grey?" an examiner called out.
"that's me," i shook her hand and walked in.