chapter 36- confrontations

pov: lexie

"i heard you and mark bought the house!" meredith smiled.
"yeah. it's so exciting!" i squealed. "would you and derek be willing to help us move our stuff back in? i bet amelia would love some time with all the kids." meredith laughed.
"sure. i've never seen someone handle that many kids at once. she's some sort of machine," she laughed even harder.
"a babysitter machine!" i laughed too. "well i gotta go. it's my first day back and derek has a really cool surgery for me to observe!"

i found derek by the elevator in the lobby. "hey what are you waiting for?" i asked.
"okay don't freak out but julia is assisting on this surgery. try your best to stay professional, but i won't let you two end up alone together," he whispered.
"what do you think she's gonna do, beat me up?" i laughed. derek's face stayed serious. he frowned at me.
"yeah honestly. i wouldn't be surprised if she beat you up," he sighed. then julia walked out of the elevator.

"dr. canner!" derek smiled and shook her hand. she smiled.
"hi dr. shepherd... dr. uh grey," she shook my hand. she studied the rings on my finger. after a few moments she looked me in the eye and glared. derek noticed.
"um dr. canner how about we take you to see the patient?"
"absolutely!" she smiled.

pov: mark

"hey mer have you seen lexie today?" i asked when i ran into her in the hallway.
"no she and derek have a surgery with... um..." she stopped talking.
"who? spit it out!" i pressured her to finish her sentence.
"julia canner," she sighed. i looked at her. "O.R. 3, they just started." quickly i ran to the O.R. because there's no way this ends well.

i stood outside the scrub room, wondering whether my presence will make it better or worse. then i entered the scrub room, put on my mask, and entered the O.R.
"hey where's lexie?" i asked when she wasn't at the table with them.
"she said you needed her last minute, did she lie?" he asked.
"well people lie all the time," julia laughed. we both looked at her and immediately i ran to go find her.