chapter 14- baby steps

pov: lexie

mark and i haven't had much alone time lately. he's been distant, but he's also had a lot of surgeries that have been rescheduled. since they found the hospital negligent all the money came from there, the insurance company wouldn't pay. everyone from the plane crash has been talking and callie had an idea. we buy the hospital.

"hey! i haven't seen you in a while, how's your day?" i asked mark as i saw him walk out of the O.R.
"ugh it's honestly been terrible. all my surgeries are getting canceled because they're "non emergent" and... maybe callie's got a point. maybe we should buy the hospital," he sighed.
"it's not the worst idea," i sighed too and then kissed him. it was a long, consuming kiss that led to sex. hot sex. the kind of sex that prevents you from walking for hours.

pov: mark

i want to propose to lexie. it's only been a few weeks but i do. however derek's warned me about greys. they spook easily.
"will you ma-move in with me?" i corrected myself.
"yes! it's about time you asked!" she responded immediately. that was easier than i thought it would be. then our pagers went off.
"i don't wanna go. it's warm in here, comfortable. there are no dying people or stupid interns. no dying people..." she rambled. i decided to step in.
"lex... you're rambling. and there are dying people... in the E.R. probably why we're being paged there," i laughed. she grunted and got up.

pov: lexie

"sooo... mark asked me to move in with him!" i exclaimed to jo than night at the bar. we'd become really good friends lately.
"oh my gosh that's amazing! did you say yes?" she asked.
"no i told the love of my life to get lost... of course i said yes!" i laughed.
"well... alex is being weird. ever since jason and i got together he's been..." i interrupted her.
"how do you not see it?" i asked.
"see what?" she asked, purely confused.
"he's in love with you! i've known alex karen for years and the last time i saw him like this... he was getting married. he's in love with you jo. you need to break up with that douche bag and be with him!" i was basically filling her in on what's happening in her own life.
"oh- um i- i gotta g-go!" she ran out of the bar to probably find alex.

pov: mark

"i asked her to move in with me," i told derek. he laughed.
"how long do you expect me to hold onto this ring?" he asked.
"only a little while longer, i'm just waiting for the perfect time," i replied. "like you said, greys spook easily."
"yeah... they really do," he sighed.
"derek..." i stopped talking because i could hear owen arguing with some nurses by the O.R. board. "we need to buy the hospital."