chapter 34- complications

pov: lexie

"if it comes down to me and the baby, promise to keep the baby alive," i grabbed arizona's arm.
"we're gonna keep you both alive, okay?" she smiled.
"promise me," i pleaded. she took a deal breath before answering.
"okay. i promise."

pov: arizona

"lexie your placenta is bleeding a lot more than it should. we're gonna put you under, okay?" i told her. she nodded.
"is- is my baby okay?" she muttered.
"your baby is perfect. he looks just like you!" i smiled.
"if i don't make it, tell mark i love him and that he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. and tell meredith that she was a great sister and i love her. make sure derek knows he was a great teacher and brother and tell cristina that i always looked up to her," she rambled on.
"lexie, you're not gonna die. you're gonna be fine!" i comforted her and then we put her under. "edwards! go update everyone but don't freak them out!" she ran out the door and the monitor started beeping erratically.

"she's crashing! get me a crash cart!" i yelled. "charge to 200! clear!" buh-dum. still no rhythm. "charge again! clear!" buh-dum. "push one of epi!" i started compressions after the epi didn't work. then she began to flatline.