Chapter 21: Nothing

Serafina POV:

"Relax," Shade urged. "Aspen won't hurt me! She just wants her love back!" Orion and I ran over to see what the fuss was about. Aspen still had her sword forced firmly against Shade's Adam's apple and was not planing on moving it until Shade told her where Cade was; if he didn't, well, Iris might have had to find herself a new Teff.

"Aspen," Orion scolded. "What are you doing?"

"You did what now?" Iris gasped, clearly having read Shade's thoughts.

"What did he do?" Aspen bellowed. "Where is Cade?"

"Wait!" Orion interrupted her interrogation. "Where is my Viy, Shade?"

"I'll never tell!" Shade refused.

"In Fov," Iris admitted.

"Iris!" Shade complained.

"Why would you take Cade to Fov, Shade?" I glared at the Storm Dragon.

"Because I felt like it!" He lied.

"He was getting back at Orion for stealing you from him!" Iris explained his evil scheme.

"So," I summed up his devious attempt. "You decided to risk the safety and well being of Tura for petty revenge!" Shade nodded,

"Pretty much!" Iris and Aspen boarded Orion after this confession.

"Class dismissed for today," Iris announced. "Be back here tomorrow by sunrise!"

We are going to get Cade! Aspen informed me. Iris knows where he is! Stay here, please! I nodded so she knew I heard her and I watched her disappear into the clouds with Iris and Orion. I averted my gaze to Shade.

"What is wrong with you?" I shrieked. "If I wasn't in love with you before, did you think this would help?"

"No," he snorted. "But at least I would be able to make him feel as upset as I was!"

"Shade!" I screamed as the meadow was now empty. "Why? You are so much better than this! I realize you have some pride issues, but are they really this bad? Do you not see that what you have done is wrong?" I could see the horrified look on his face when it finally dawned on him the severity of his actions.

"Cade could have died," he whispered so quietly I could hardly hear. "I'm sorry I let my anger get the best of me... Can you ever forgive me?"

"I can," I told the truth, "but Cade, Orion, and especially Aspen will be harder to convince!" Shade walked up to me. His head hung and his tail was tucked between his legs, much like a dog who had just been reprimanded.

"I guess, since you are already mad at me, this is the best time to do it!" He stated.

"Do what?" I wondered.

"I wanted to do this much less obviously... Try to win you over, but I can see now that that's not going to happen. I have to do this, or I'll never be able to live with myself." With that, he wrapped his arms around me and pressed his snout against mine. For a moment, I was paralyzed. I didn't know what to do! Then, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not the warmth I felt when Orion had done this. Just nothing. Of course, the reason being I had no feelings for Shade. Not like that anyway. Then I pushed him back, firmly. "Are you angry?" He asked.

"No," I answered honestly.

"Then you enjoyed it?" He hoped.

"No," I repeated. "I am still in love with Orion. I am not mad because I understand that you wanted to at least try." He nodded lightly. "But if you kiss me again without my permission, I will not hesitate to hurt you."

"I'll keep that in mind," Shade chuckled lightly, then grew serious once more. "I respect you decision and apologize, once more, for acting so rashly."

"I forgive you!" I reminded him and we hugged it out. I only hoped Aspen, Iris, and Orion find Cade. I could only imagine what horrors Cade was going through at this moment.