Join My Crew

(Y/n)'s Pov

I had been trying to finish up my painting but the appearance of my friend caused me to pause. "(Y/n) there's a group of pirates docked on our island" It didn't matter to me although she seemed quite invested in this. "Really?" Pirates usually avoid our island just due to how small it was but I suppose this group was unfortunate enough to have their log pose lock on here. "Yes, and fuck their captain is hot as hell"

She seemed to have a thing for pirates and even if I didn't it would be a good thing to know which group was staying for the next week or two. "Which pirate crew is docked here?" I was putting away my paints but looked back just as she took a folded-out paper from her pocket. "The Heart Pirates... Here, this is the captain's bounty poster" I took a look at the poster although I didn't see the appeal, she found in him. "Kind of looks like a raccoon... but in a cute way. Still, I wouldn't consider him 'hot as hell'"

"Don't insult him (Y/n)! If he found out you'd be murdered on the spot" Last time I checked there weren't any pirates in my house and even if he did hear me, I could handle myself fine. "I'd like to see him try. Come on I want to get to the diner before breakfast is over" I was already running behind since I slept in this morning but I couldn't cook to save my life so buying my meals was the best thing I could do. "We can't go there" That was just ridiculous since I wasn't planning on going hungry today. "Why not? I want my pancakes"

"The Heart Pirates are eating there" Alright, that was understandable but still I was going over there regardless if there were pirates present or not. "So? I'm getting my pancakes and no one is going to stand in my way" My shoes were already on although my friend stood in the way just before she stepped to the side. "(Y/n) you're bat shit insane"

"Thanks for noticing"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten Minutes Later...

It normally didn't take this long to reach the diner although due to my friend constantly standing in the way delays were expected. "(Y/n) please we can't go in there" The door was right there and I'd damned if the presence of some man caused me to run away like a scared little kid. "You stay here then. I'm getting my pancakes" The fear within her eyes was clear although with a swallow I watched her finally reach for the door. "W-Wait I'll go with you. Someone needs to stop you from starting a war"

We were alright entering the diner and since she had immediately stopped looking in a certain direction, I took a peek. "Whatever... That's the captain, right?" He was taking a sip from a mug but locked eyes with mine as I continued to stare at him. "Y-Yeah, that's Trafalgar Law" She was scared shitless although I was already starting to walk in his direction. "He's in my spot" Everyone in town knew that was where I sat and some no-name pirate wasn't going to sit his ass in it. "Leave him alone (Y/n). You can sit somewhere else"

"No, that's my spot... Hey, you over there with the stupid hat! You're in my spot move!" He was still staring at me but didn't make an attempt to move even as the others in the room reacted. "(Y/n) stop talking!" She was only acting as a friend however I brushed her off before taking another step towards the group. "Who's she talking about?" There was no stopping me now and maybe Jill knew that since she remained in place. "Please (Y/n) don't do it. Dying young isn't on my bucket list"

"Relax I got this. I'm talking to the guy in the middle! Trafalgar What's-His-Name!" Jill was still standing somewhere behind me and her concern was clear although sort of annoying. "(Y/n)! You're going to get the both of us killed! Please, you need to apologize right now!" That wouldn't be happening anything soon. "I'm not sorry. You just wait here I'm going to reclaim my spot" I suppose at this point the pirate had become annoyed since he was now glaring at me while rubbing his temples. "Someone get rid of that girl she's interrupting my breakfast"

"Jill please hit the lights" My view was locked forward but I could feel the way she was glaring at the back of my head. "I fucking hate you (Y/n)! You better not fuck this up! Dim!" Our powers worked well together so the moment the room darkened I made my move.

'Snap'

"Calm" Everyone other than myself was making sounds although due to that I could hear one person start to speak. "You ate the Nagi Nagi no Mi?... I suggest you stop before your friend here ends up with her neck snapped. It wouldn't take much force or time to do so" That wasn't a risk I was willing to take. Her life was too important after all.

'Snap'

"Jill, the lights please" The light quickly filled the room but Jill was still being held by Trafalgar. "I hate you (Y/n)!" Ignoring Jill, I started to question the male that was holding her. "You know the name of my devil fruit. Oh, and would you please let her go?" He didn't react right away although when he started to speak, I immediately felt like punching him in the face. "It's a pretty useless power and I suppose she can go" With Jill safely on the other side of the diner I turned back to the man. "Thank you. Also, I wouldn't insult someone's powers. I spent years looking for this fruit so you can shut the fuck up"

"Why?" He was right when saying it was useless although it was all I had left of him. "It belonged to someone important" When his eyes narrowed, I knew he was thinking that over but his response was confusing. "You can't be more than eighteen" He probably knew what I had meant although I didn't care. "I'm twenty not that my age should matter" His hand was starting to twitch but I already started walking past him to get my breakfast order placed. "Who is it you're talking about?"

"I already told you that. Hey, Jet can I get some pancakes to go?" The cook remained quiet and only nodded his head although the moment Trafalgar I froze. I didn't need a reminder of what had happened. "The precious user of that fruit was murdered years ago by his own brother. You can't be referring to the same man" Very slowly I faced him although I couldn't stop the tear that fell. "It's quite haunting... that you're here"

"D-Do you know this man, (Y/n)?" Jill had moved beside me and offered me a tissue as I spoke about the man standing a short distance away. "He's one of the reasons my father is dead" I couldn't put all the blame on him but it was painful to think instead of being around me my father chose to care for Law. "You have a lot of hate in your eyes (Y/n)-ya. What is it you want?" I was done with him and made Jill was right I shouldn't have come here. "Don't speak to me. Come on Jill I'm getting my pancakes then we're going home"

"Join my crew" I didn't need that offer through and my voice was filled with hate as I turned away from him. "No" My pancakes were waiting so I grabbed them as Jill paid for me. "Don't you want to make him pay?" He couldn't have been talking about my pancakes. "Make who pay?" I was confused but when he spoke again, I understood what he meant and I wanted no part of it. "Doflamingo-ya"

"No, I don't want to be anywhere near that man" It was bad enough that he haunted my dreams and the thought of willingly going towards him was too much. "Sorry, (Y/n)-ya but I'm not taking no for an answer. I've been tasked with keeping you safe in Cora-san's absence" My mind wandered when he said that nickname but it wasn't enough to shift my decision. "For the last time, I'm not going with you! Hey, put the needle down!" I'm not sure where that had come from but I knew at that moment I was screwed. "Penguin-ya hold her"

"Jill! Do something!" I was being held tight all while Jill stood back but I could see the pain in her eyes as she looked away. "Sorry but I need to listen to my Captain. His orders are clear" I couldn't have heard that right although as she started to the door, I knew our whole friendship had been a lie. "W-What!? I thought you were my friend!" She only stopped briefly to address Law but quickly she continued towards the exit. "I'll see back on the ship Captain"

"You played your part well Jillian-ya" The needle was getting close to me and he didn't even hesitate when it was shoved into my exposed arm. "Don't remind me" My vision was already fading but my eyes were locked on the back of Jill as she left the building. "Welcome to the Heart Pirates (Y/n)-ya. You'll be safe with me. I'll make sure of it"

"G-Go to hell!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

End