Comfort Measures {AU}

Law's Pov

"(Y/n)-ya, you have been in bed all day. I think it's time for a change of position" She never replied although I did watch as she turned to face the other direction. "Alright, we'll move to the couch and you can have your dinner there as well" Again there was no response from the girl but that was fine. She hadn't spoken more than a couple of words during the past few months. It was her normal and I wasn't going to force anything out of her. "Did you want to watch a movie (Y/n)-ya?" There was no reply but I still put on something to keep her mind at ease. "I'll be right back"

Venturing into the kitchen I picked up the IV bag that I had started warming just before retrieving the girl as well as a second plate with a small meal on it. Going back to the living room I took a seat beside (Y/n) before I placed both options on the table. "Which are you in the mood for today? I made your favorite or we can go with the feeding tube" She never attempted to speak however she did move toward the other end of the couch. "(Y/n)-ya, you need to eat something" I wasn't asking for a long, or at least I didn't think it was a lot to ask someone to keep themselves healthy.

It was clear she wasn't going to take either option but I couldn't just let her starve. (Y/n)-ya, this is your last chance to take the meal I prepared just for you" I didn't want to force a tube down her nose again although she wasn't giving me much of a choice in the matter. Looking over at her I noticed her head was slowly nodding up and down. "Here you go (Y/n)-ya just be careful it may still be hot. I'll be right back it's time for your pain medication" She hated taking any kind of injection but unfortunately, it was the only thing to settle her pain. However, if things continued to heal she wouldn't have to take them much longer.

The medication was kept nearby so it only took a few minutes to retrieve. (Y/n) should have still been on the couch but by the time I returned she had managed to throw herself to the floor. "Your bones are never going to heal properly if you continue to act like a child (Y/n)-ya. Stop moving and hold still this will only take a minute" Now, the girl didn't do as I asked. No, she continued to crawl backward trying to put as much distance between us as possible. I knew she hated needles but there was no need to act so childish and irrate her injuries more.

"(Y/n)-ya, that is enough. Hold still and take your medication" This happened every time and yet it always ended the same way. She would take her medication and then feel better. Why couldn't she see this was only for her benefit? I was only trying to make her comfortable. "(Y/n)-ya, I know you don't like it but it will only hurt for a second. Now, hold still!" I didn't mean to yell at her although the moment I did she froze in place. There was such fear in her eyes but I tried not to think about it as I grabbed her wrist. "I'm sorry (Y/n)-ya. I know you don't like when I raise my voice. I'm not going to hurt you... There, we're all done"

(Y/n)'s Pov

He let my wrist go but I remained in place as he stood from the floor. "(Y/n)-ya, you are like this every time you need to take your medication. Why can't you just see this is in your best interest?" I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of hearing me speak. Instead, I let my head drop so I didn't even have to look at him. A part of me hoped he'd just leave me on the floor. However, that wasn't about to happen since I soon found myself back on the couch with the bastard right beside me. "You still need to finish your dinner. I made it just for you" 

Giving him any kind of satisfaction wasn't what I wanted but I also didn't want the feeding tube again. That was just a bad experience and it made me quite sick too. So, I took the offered plate although it had gotten cold. I wasn't about it eat it cold. Law was still beside me so I tried to hand it back hoping I didn't have to speak for him to understand. "What's wrong? Do you not like it?" I wasn't going to speak to him but I did shake my head a little. "Then what's wrong with it? If you gave me a little answer I could make it better. What's wrong (Y/n)-ya? I just need a few simple words"

Again I stayed quiet. He could figure it out and if he couldn't that was his problem. "Fine! The feeding tube it is! I'll be right back and you better not move!" Great, I had made him mad again. However, before he could get up from the couch I grabbed a hold of his arm. I didn't want to speak but I could no longer stay quiet. "I-It's cold" I watched as he stared at me and the anger that had just been on his face lessened. "Oh... I don't see why you couldn't have just said that" He knew exactly why I did. He knew how scared of him I was or at least that's what I thought. "I will be right back"

He was quick to leave the room but I was only left trembling. That man terrified me and a small part of me knew I'd never be able to leave him. This was going to be my prisoner for the rest of my life or until the day Law had snapped. "Here you go (Y/n)-ya" I took the plate back and started to eat but the whole time I was trying to toward the other side of the couch. However, each time Law just pulled me back over. "I have some business to take care of tonight (Y/n)-ya. You'll be okay here by yourself, right?... Right, you won't answer me. I'll make sure you're comfortable before I leave"

I never did know what he did when he went out. All I knew for sure was I would be left here to have a moment of peace. I would most likely watch TV until I fell asleep and when Law returned he'd bring me back to bed. This was normal and by tomorrow we would do the same thing. Stay in bed, be moved to the couch, be forced to eat something, medication, and finally, the man would leave for a few hours. It was like clockwork. 

"Did you want anything for dessert, (Y/n)-ya?"

~~~~~~~~~

End