Law x Depressed!Reader {I Missed It}

(R/f) = Random Fruit

(B/t) = Blood Type

~~~~~~~~~~

Law's Pov

"Has anyone seen (Y/n)-ya? She was supposed to be in the infirmary for her physical but never showed up" I had told her yesterday to be there at the end of the day and she had promised to be there. Her appointment was saved for last since I knew she required extra care but I was beginning to get concerned. Knowing her, she could have just fallen asleep however she hadn't been in her normal napping spot. "Sorry Captain we haven't seen (Y/n)-chan all day and she skipped breakfast. Do you want one of us to check her room?"

"No, I'll go" Her room was across from mine although she rarely used it. She normally just shared mine since sleeping alone was causing some problems. "(Y/n)-chan was in the kitchen earlier. I saw her taking some fruit and a pairing knife with her" (Y/n) usually didn't go into the kitchen but if she had indeed skipped breakfast maybe she was hungry. Fruit however wasn't her go-to meal. "That's ridiculous (Y/n)-chan hates fruit" Even her crew mates knew that but I was a little curious about what she ended up taking with her. "What fruit did she have with her?"

It was one of the new crew members to reply although at first, she struggled to remember but soon I found my throat tightening. "Oh... it was... It was (R/f)" That couldn't have been right. (Y/n) wasn't stupid and knew what the simple fruit could do to her. "Are you sure?" I wanted her to be wrong. I wanted another answer that could calm my nerves. "Yes, she asked the new crew member to get it for her. He was going to cut it for her but (Y/n)-chan insisted on doing it herself. Why is something wrong, Captain?"

My feet were moving without a single thought and the other crew members didn't even move. They should have been following me but I didn't even care right now. "(Y/n)-chan is allergic is that fruit. A single bite can kill her" I rounded the corner and couldn't hear them anymore although as I made it to (Y/n)'s bedroom I finally picked up on the pounding of my heart. She was close but when I reached for the handle it refused to turn, it was locked. I couldn't even think straight although remembered my devil fruit.

It took a second to end up in (Y/n)'s room but I didn't see any sign of her. My mind almost relaxed until I spotted a pair of sneakers peeking out from the other side of the bed. I didn't speak as I made my way around the bed and leaned down at her side. I noticed the uneaten fruit at her side but also the bloodstained knife still clenched in her hand. There was a lot of blood. Her chest was rising and falling so that was a good sign. The blood loss could be fixed, and the cuts could be stitched closed but I needed to stop staring at her.

My emotions need to be put on hold if I wanted to save her. I couldn't think of her as anything other than another crew member. "Captain! Snap out of it! (Y/n) is bleeding out!" A hand touched my shoulder and all at once, the sound returned to my ears. I watched as (Y/n) was picked up but didn't immediately stand up. My eyes were too busy staring at the pool of blood. She was in so much pain and I missed it. How could I have missed it? She always had that stupid smile on her face. So why? Why would she do this?

"Law, get up and save her! You're the only doctor in this crew!" They were right. I wasn't about to lose another person I cared about. She was going to live no matter what. I couldn't lose her. I needed her. "Hang two units of (B/t)!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime Later...

'Beep' 'Beep' 'Be-'

I was tired of hearing that sound but since I was here it was fine to have it on silent. "Law?" I refused to let my eyes stray away from her body. I needed to see her chest rise. I needed to know she was okay. "She just needs rest" My fingers were pushing the stray hairs away from her face although it felt wrong. She was so cold, so pale but alive. "Law?" I hadn't lost her. She was alive. She was here. "She will be fine"