Attempted Check-Ups

Random Crew Members' Pov

I wasn't sure why I didn't look out here first. My entire morning had been spent looking for her and here she was sitting out on deck. As I stared at the back of her head, I was almost hesitant to get any closer to her due to the relationship she had with the captain. From what I knew they weren't an official couple but everyone on board knew (Y/n) could make your life a living hell if she decided she didn't like you.

Despite my fears, I knew the captain had requested she at least be told he was looking for her. Making him mad would be twice as bad as anything this girl could do. "(Y/n)-chan, there you are! The captain has been looking for you all morning!" When her head turned to face me, I could see that annoyed look on her face. Frankly, I nearly fainted on the spot however I tried to remain calm as she spoke. "Has he?"

"Yes, he needs to complete your medical file" We all knew how much (Y/n) avoided the infirmary and from the way she looked away after I spoke, I realized the captain was going to be in a mood later. Her mood always affected him. It was hard on the rest of us since this girl was rarely happy. So, because of her, our Captain was never in a good mood either and if things got to the breakpoint, we'd lose a crewmate or two. "Well, it must suck to be him. I am not going anywhere near him and you can tell him that too"

"B-But (Y/n)-chan. Y-You know he wouldn't be happy about this" This girl might not have been very big but she terrified me. "Does it look like I care what that man thinks?" She was already walking away and I called after her just so I could tell the captain I at least tried to convince her. "Y-You know he'll just come out here looking for you" (Y/n) was nearly at the doors leading below deck although stopped to reply. "Let him. I don't care what he does. Stay away from me I'm going to look for a snack then I'm coming back out here to enjoy the only sun I'm getting for the rest of the month"

"Y-Yes, (Y/n)-chan! Sorry to bother you"

"Whatever" Fighting her wasn't going to work and I knew the captain would need to be informed about this right away. Slowly I made my way back to his office before I reached out to knock. Before I could the door had swung open and the captain walked out. It took him a second to realize I was standing there but judging from that file in his hands he had grown tired of waiting for his girlfriend to show up. "Oh, it's you. Did you find (Y/n)-ya?" He should have gone looking for (Y/n) on his own, he knew how she acted. "She is out on the deck, Captain... but she doesn't want to see you"

(Y/n)'s Pov

My time outside had been ruined although as I walked behind the crew member who bothered me earlier, I spoke up. "I never said that" As Law's eyes locked on me, I took a step back but other than that stayed put. "There you are (Y/n)-ya. I told you to be in my office at ten" He had told me that this morning before I left the mess hall although I didn't see why he looked so pissed off. "What time is it now?" I wasn't carrying a watch but we hadn't even had supper yet so I still had time. "Two in the afternoon"

"I still have time. You meant ten at night, right?" I had only left my bedroom at eight for breakfast and if Law had meant in the morning, he would have told me that. "No, why would you think I meant at night? You're in bed at nine" He shouldn't have known that information and I decided to call him out of it. "Oh, that's some stalker behavior there. I didn't know you had my sleep schedule memorized. Have you been watching me sleep or something?" Law gave me the look but I didn't let it get to me. "(Y/n)-ya, we share a bed and you snore. It's hard to miss when you fall asleep"

"I do not snore. How dare you say such a thing. Take it back" I might have shared a bed with him although that didn't give him the right to say I snored. "You snore at night and sometimes I think about smothering you with a pillow to make it stop" I might have asked him to clarify that but this was Law we were talking about. "Did you just say you thought about killing me as I slept? Oh, my fuck! Someone call the marines! There's a lunatic on board! We can get a pretty good reward for turning him i-mfff"

Law's hand had covered my mouth but it didn't stay there long since I ducked down. "(Y/n)-ya, stop yelling. Come inside so I can start your check-up" He could have easily dragged me inside when he had his hand over my mouth although with me being currently free it was going to stay that way. "No, it's not ten" Maybe I would come back then however Law was being to tick me off. "(Y/n)-ya" The way he said my name made me narrow my eyes and in response, I put on a smile. "What is it darling?"

"You are getting a check-up today. We're not putting it off any longer" Law might have come across as serious however he never moved from his spot to force me into the room. He must have learned from the last time he tried that. "I'd like to see you try to threaten me. We both know what I will not do to you when I'm mad" Now, I expected that to get to him but oh no he spun it around on me. "That's fine I can't remember the last time you did that anyways. Besides, that isn't your strong suit (Y/n)-ya you need to learn how to keep your teeth raised"

"Well for fucks sake there is just no pleasing you... I'm hungry" My lunch was terrible so I didn't even eat it. "What's the matter? Didn't care for the single onion I had them send on your tray?" I should have known it was his fault for the poor excuse for lunch. "That's it! We're done Trafalgar Bitch-Boy! I'm sick and tired of you ruining my life!" I was already fleeing down the hall but that didn't stop him from replying. "Now, don't be dramatic (Y/n)-ya. We both know you'll be back by the end of the day"

"Don't count on it!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Later That Night...

Law's Pov

'Knock' 'Knock' 'Knock'

She was late although I was glad (Y/n) at least swallowed her pride enough to return to our bedroom. "Law, why is the door locked? Let me in!" Getting up I locked the door and even was nice enough to open it for her. "Welcome back (Y/n)-ya. How was your day?" I waited for a response but she just walked past me to get herself ready for bed. "Don't say another word. Do you know how tiring it was to avoid you the entire day?"

"I never left this room so I wouldn't know (Y/n)-ya" (Y/n) still had her back to me but I could see the way she was looking for something. Most likely she was searching for the pajamas I threw in the hamper earlier. "Well, someone was following me all day" I wasn't going to tell her that I had ordered someone to do that although I did try to get her onto the bed. "That sounds terrible. Here come sit down and tell me all about it"

"No, there will be no check-up tonight! Where did you put my pajamas!?" She was losing it a bit but that was fine. "Oh, this isn't a check-up (Y/n)-ya. This is a therapy session" She had been getting a new pair of pajamas however stopped the moment I finish my statement. "I don't need one of those either!"

"We'll see..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

End