Stitched Together AU

Law's Pov

"Doctor Trafalgar your four o'clock is here" I wasn't told that someone had been booked for that time. The nurse must have scheduled someone in but unfortunately, I was going home for the day. "Janet-ya it's past six and the clinic is closing. Tell them to reschedule for next week" She had this unsure look on her face and despite what I had just said she continued to speak. "I'm sorry but she's here for a follow-up. She doesn't appear to be comfortable in the waiting room" Whoever this patient was better be worth the annoyance it was causing me. "Which patient is it?"

"Miss. (L/n)" She wasn't supposed to be coming in although upon hearing it was her, I calmed down. "I thought she had canceled her appointment this morning? You can bring her in here" She hated being in this building but I'd make her appointment quick. "Right away, Doctor"

"Thank you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s Pov

I hated this place but since my wounds were giving me problems, I had no choice in the matter. "Miss. (L/n)? The Doctor will see you now. May I take your coat?" I needed my coat and even though I had come all this way I wasn't in the mood to stay. "No, you may not. On second thought I'm fine. I'm just going to come back next week" If only I had left sooner since the moment, I heard his voice I knew how screwed I was. "(Y/n)-ya you've been avoiding me for weeks. Follow me please"

"I-I haven't been avoiding you" He was a fool to suggest such a thing. I couldn't avoid him even if I wanted to. "(Y/n)-ya you need to have this check-up and if you don't, I'll be forced to have you admitted" Being locked in a white padded cell wasn't going to happen anytime soon but Law was special when it came to dishing out empty threats. "Is that a threat?" Of course, like always I didn't get a real answer. "I'm only doing what is best for you. Now, please follow me"

This would only be a back and forth fight so to save me from a headache I gave in. "You better be gentle with me Law. I hate having your cold hands near me" His back was retreating down the hallway while I followed although my comment caused him to speak. "My hands aren't cold (Y/n)-ya" He could say that all day long but I knew what I was talking about. "Yes, they are. Just like ice and it's uncomfortable" Guess today he didn't want to argue with me since he left the topic alone.

"Can I take your coat (Y/n)-ya?" The building was warm but I wanted to make sure I'd get it back first. I couldn't go home without it after all. "Are you going to give it back?" Law wouldn't let me go out in the cold without it but that didn't mean he was above teasing me with it. "I have no use for your coat" That was good enough for me and I freely gave him my coat before I started looking around his office. "Sure, you don't... Let's get this over with I want to go home and the last bus leaves soon"

"Relax I'll take you home. Take a seat anywhere you'd like" His offer was kind but I would be just fine taking the bus. "I can find my own way home thank you very much" He was almost making me out to be some helpless child. Due to my medical issues, it could have been true but I could still make my way around this town just fine. "(Y/n)-ya I'll take you home and besides I live with you. We're going to the same place" That was a small detail I wanted to forget since he was hardly there. "No, you're only going to show up after midnight and leave before I wake up in the morning. I'll be left alone until you decide otherwise"

"I have a job (Y/n)-ya" Law could have a job but he didn't need to work every day of the week. I needed him around once in a while however I guess he had more important things to deal with. "You have a soulmate and one that you don't care about" My words didn't hit him; I could see his eyes shift before returning to look directly into mine. "That's not true (Y/n)-ya" Those were just words, I needed more than that. "Then fucking prove it. Hurry up and look me over so I can go home"