{Really?} AU Pt 2

Law's Pov

"What exactly do I need to see?" I was still in my chair but slowly moved to stand as he replied. "It's her" That was all he said however it could have meant anything and frankly his short answer annoyed me. "Who?" I was standing at this point but upon hearing his next sentence my legs had already started to move. "She has the same mark as you" That could only mean one thing and by the time I had reached where he had put (Y/n), my mind was racing. She was still out cold but had a light blanket covering her.

My eyes had moved across the exposed skin although didn't see any sort of mark so slowly removed the blanket just enough to be greeted with the symbol I was searching for. It was slightly bubbled from the scar tissue below it but it was clear it matched mine. Having a soulmate wasn't my main focus although with her being this close to me I felt something strange within my chest. I felt a need to keep her safe and right now I was the one person threatening her life. "Let's put you somewhere safe (Y/n)-ya"

She wasn't heavy but I took my time picking her up before walking through the halls to where the spare room was. This house wasn't used often for spending the night although until tomorrow morning it would need to do. I could move her in the morning if she wasn't too shaken up from tonight's events. The shot was bound to keep her asleep through the night but maybe I should just move her now. I didn't know how she was going to react although I could predict screams were going to occur. "Where are you going, Law?"

"Home" My house was away from the city and even if she did scream no one would be in earshot of it. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" I didn't want to give her another shot in the morning just to move her and with her medical problems, it wouldn't be smart. "She's not going to be happy when she wakes up" Penguin could have kept his mouth shut but of course, he needed to make a comment about my personal business. "I wouldn't blame her. Soulmate or not bringing them harm is bound to cause strain"

Everyone knew that much although it was almost impossible to intently bring harm to a soulmate without causing one's own mind to break. They were the one person you needed to protect whether or not it was ideal. It was probably why the other criminals in town placed their soulmates above even their own dealings. "Noted... Clean up here and inform the client I have better things to do with my time" I could afford to skip out on the job after all I had a soulmate to take care of. "Anything else?"

"That's all" The drive would take at least half an hour so I made sure to put (Y/n) in the back seat before heading towards the driver's seat. I'd find out everything there was to know about her later but once I got home, I'd start with her medical history. "At least you're cute (Y/n)-ya" She didn't reply although that was fine, I'm sure she'd say something back later once we got to know each other and she was awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

25 Minutes Later...

The drive home was taking longer than expected but I had sure to only go the speed limit to make sure no one felt the need to pull me over. If her friends were smart, they probably noticed she was missing although I'd deal with that in the morning. "Hmmm" That was a clear sound from my passenger however when I looked back to see what she was doing I saw the (E/c) of her eyes staring directly at me. At first, they looked glazed over but within a few seconds, they sharpened before a hint of fear entered them. "Y-You!"

"(Y/n)-ya it's alright" My voice was calm but I'm sure in this situation she could only assume the worst. "N-No! It's n-not okay! W-What do you w-want from me!?" Her head was looking back and forth although when they settled towards the right, I realized she was going to jump out of the car. Unfortunately for her, the child lock was on, and as she tugged on the handle that fearful look only got worse. "(Y/n)-ya I'm not going to hurt you. Just calm down and relax"