14🌷

ty for reading, it means a lot to me
:(♡ ily guys🌸

"I apologize," He said as he handed the headband back to him "Now, let's find him" He was a lot more serious in his tone of voice, he didn't want to take much time, problems could happen and he didn't want that. For the sake of both of their reputation, Jiang Cheng didn't want to make their relationship official. It would be strange for everyone, they never talked to one another in public, and since both of their brothers are together it would look strange, probably making the citizens think their relationship is fake. He also doesn't want to make any more problems for Lan Xichen, his life was already full of them, he didn't need more.

"Then let's go" Lan Xichen gently put the headband back on his forehead, he knew that Jiang Cheng was annoyed and had a lot on his mind going on so he didn't try to stop him, he needed to let his anger out, not on other people though, maybe the time they would spend trying to find Wei Wuxian will help him ease his thoughts. Dealing with someone full of emotions is always a puzzle, a great puzzle, one of those puzzles that you will always like to resolve no matter what.

When they closed the door, Jiang Cheng's face changed completely, from an innocent boy to an aggressive and powerful man. It was like magic. Next to him, Lan Xichen stood with his daily smile, but this time it had a lot of emotions.

Jiang Cheng looked at the man next to him and pointed to where he thought Wei Wuxian had gone. They both went towards the place and found Jin Ling, it wasn't Wei Wuxian but he could be helpful. When the younger boy noticed both of them he quickly went to his uncle and gave him a big hug.

"Uncle! Wei Wuxian just told me you got better" Jin Ling said looking at Jiang Cheng's eyes, he then stopped hugging him and Jiang Cheng looked at the ground annoyed at his nephew. He wanted to make him a lesson but Lan Xichen told him to not be angry, and so he listened to him because it wasn't that bad, he also didn't want to make Jin Ling not trust Lan Xichen.

"Where did Wei Wuxian go?" Jiang Cheng asked annoyed, "He went over there" Jin Ling pointed at a place with a bunch of grass. "Lan Wangji was waiting for him there" Wei Wuxian said he would bring information about Jiang Cheng, Lan Wangji would always help his beloved husband even though it was about someone he had very few conversations with, the only time Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng interacted with each other was when Wei Wuxian disappeared, after that, they never changed words again.

The incident with the golden core was what made them even more distant.

Lan Xichen was also involved so he couldn't just ignore what was happening, his brother helped him a lot.

"Then let's go" He looked at Lan Xichen and started walking to the place, Jin Ling looked at them strangely and followed his uncle from behind, he wasn't understanding why Lan Xichen, someone that was most of the time distant from everyone, suddenly started following Jiang Cheng and smiling nonstop with a bright face. He guessed that asking him to bring his clothes improved their relationship, the strange thing is that he only had his hairband on, he was still using that purple clothe.

"Oh right, uncle, I forgot but.. are you both?" Jin Ling suddenly asked, scaring Jiang Cheng that didn't know he was following them. Jin Ling had forgotten that Jiang Cheng liked Lan Xichen, he sometimes would forget about important things because of the many thoughts he had every day in his head, he was also very stressed with people calling him names all the time.
"Not important," He said, ignoring everything else and quickly moving to find Wei Wuxian.

Jin Ling continued their walk quiet trading looks with Lan Xichen, they both would have small talks about Jiang Cheng and what had happened since his uncle didn't want to give him any information.

Within only 3 minutes they finally found Wei Wuxian, instead of Jiang Cheng screaming his name angrily, he quietly went towards him and slapped his head, leaving Lan Wangji to look at him with an angry face regretting that he once tried to help him. "Why did you run away from me?" he asked without realizing that Lan Wangji was staring at him with an unpleasant face. "You came here alone just to find me! Such an honor" Wei Wuxian said while laughing at him, he was happy that his brother came back to normal, seeing him like that was scary, the worst part was to think that if he hadn't done anything Jiang Cheng would continue getting worse each day that passed.

Suddenly, two people came from behind Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen, and Jin Ling, both smiling at each other.

Jiang Cheng eye-rolled and waited for Wei Wuxian's response, the other didn't do anything and just laughed at him, for some reason this brought happiness to him, it was nice to see his brother slowly getting close to him again. Noticing that he wouldn't respond, Jiang Cheng stepped closer looking at him with a confused face, something that he only did when younger, that sure was weird, making Wei Wuxian stop laughing and look at him with his eyes wide open. "I- uh" He couldn't even form phrases, "I didn't have anything else to say, so I just went away" finally responding the irritated man. "Creep" Jiang Cheng said walking away, being stopped by Lan Xichen that ran towards him, "Where are you going, A-Cheng?" asked putting his hand in Jiang Cheng's shoulder.

"What did I say about that stupid name, don't say it anymore" He said looking at him angry with small red coloring around his cheeks.

"And I'm going back to work"

"But you just got better"

"I don't want to lose time, work is important" Jiang Cheng said like a true devoted work obsessed person. Lan Xichen understood that he liked to work so he just accepted it, but he was still worried that he could get sick because of the amount of work he will start doing. Working a lot and having little sleep time is dangerous to someone's help, sadly, in some cases, nothing can be done to stop it.

"Ok then... But I'll visit you frequently!"

"Blah Blah" Jiang Cheng imitated him walking away with red ears.

Lan Xichen came back to find Jin Ling, Wei Wuxian came running towards him asking a bunch of things, mostly questions about Jiang Cheng that he couldn't answer.

"What did he say?"

"He said he wants to go back to work" Lan Xichen said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Why is he so obsessed with work, I helped him a bunch so he won't even need to do much"

"It's concerning"

Silence invaded the place and thoughts invaded Lan Xichen's mind, if Jiang Cheng wanted to find Wei Wuxian so much why didn't he have a long conversation with him? he almost said nothing to him, he spent so much time finding him to just call him a creep and slap his head, wasn't that weird. He wanted to ask why that  happened. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were already preparing to exit the place so Lan Xichen decided to just ask him anyway.

"Wei Wuxian" Wei Wuxian looked at him saying yes for him to continue what he wanted to say "I was wondering, Jiang Cheng spent some time thinking how he would find you, but when he finally found you he just called you a creep and went away. Why's that?"

"Oh, that's normal" He laughed "He usually makes drama out of everything he does, good luck handling him!" He said waving goodbye to him next to Lan Wangji who was looking at the rabbits following him.

Jin Ling only observed them, accompanying Lan Xichen back to were they were, he started understanding a bit more about the two. Reorganizing his mind about what he thought Lan Xichen was like.