Chapter 4: First day part 3

I know, i know. I'm so bad at titles.

Leo's POV

Time goes by fast, it's almost lunch time. I looked at the clock. 3 more minutes. I focused back on the lesson. After a while, I checked the clock again, 5...4...3...2...1... The bell rang. Lunch time! I'm so hungry, I practically ran out of class. On the way to the cafeteria, I saw the girls. Piper, Annabeth, Hazel and Katie walking to the cafeteria.

"Hey guys!" I said.

"Hello Leo," Piper said smiling. We walked together to the Cafeteria.

/////Lunch Time/////

We entered the Cafeteria, it is so loud with all students basically talking at the same time. Selina waved at us as if saying 'Come here'.

Piper looked at me and frowned. "Sorry Leo," she said. "Girls only."

I nodded, this happened numerous times so I got used to it. There is two other girls sitting with Silena. One with dark eyes and pale brown hair. The other one looks way more prettier. She has caramel hair that was braided over one shoulder and dark almond-shaped eyes.

I looked around for a table. Surprisingly someone said. "Leo, you can sit with us here!" It was Percy, the boy he met during the tour of the school. I sat at the table.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," Percy said. "Let me introduce you to everyone, you already know Jason, Frank and Travis." I nodded.

"That is Connor, Travis's little brother," he said pointing at a boy who looks a lot like Travis but with different height.

"This is Will Solace," he pointed to a blonde guy who smiled at me. Then, Percy pointed to an emo boy. "That's Nico Di Angelo."

"This is Charles Beckendorf," Percy then pointed at a African-American guy. "And that is Chris Rodriguez."

"Hello there," I said. "I'm Leo, Leo Valdez."

For some apparent reason Percy's face turn to shock, Jason's eyes widen, and Frank looks like he almost choke his lunch.

"Um," I said confused by their reactions. Didn't I told them my full name earlier? Wait, no. I only told it to Percy. "Are you guys okay?"

Now, everyone at the table started to stare at all three of them. "Um...No, we're fine," Percy said.

"Hey, Leo," Jason said. "Do you happen to be related with Esperanza Valdez?"

I froze. I thought of my Mom. She was kidnapped when I was 8 years old. When, the police found her she's gone. As in dead. I tried my best to blink back tears, I don't want anyone see me in this kind of state. The state where I'm most broken at. I smiled weakly at them. Luckily, I was able to stop the tears. I was able to do that for a long time, I got used to it.

"Yeah," I said weakly. "She's my mom."

The three of them nodded with a sympathize kind of face. I'm guessing they know what had happened to my mom. I just don't know why they brought it up with a shock look on their faces. Travis, Connor, Chris and Beckendorf look at us with confused looks. We chatted a lot about homework or school. In one conversation, Chris stopped and looked at the Stolls suspiciously.

"You two have been quiet," Chris said to the Stolls. "What are you two up too?"

"We're thinking of a prank we can play," Travis said. "There's this student I've met at Biology, she's the very first one to not be scared of me when i address the Stoll warning."