Chapter 13: Movie With My Sunshine

Leo's POV

The bell rang and everyone went home. I walked out of my Geography class and accidentally bumped into someone. Great job Leo! Note the sarcasm.

"Sorry," I said. "I was in a hurry-oh hey Sunshine!"

"Really Leonidas?" she asked. "Didn't I told you that you shouldn't call me that."

"Yeah I know Sunshine," I said which only irritated her even more.

Then, a notification sound came from Calypso's pocket. She took her phone and checked it. She groaned and put her phone back.

"What?" I asked her. "Your upset because I called you Sunshine or something?"

"No, it's my dad," she said. I grinned, she isn't upset about me calling her Sunshine. She noticed it and quickly said. "I am upset you called me Sunshine but I'm also upset because of my dad. He told me he'll be working late, and I will have to spend time alone in my house."

"Why don't you come over," I said without thinking. I completely regretted what I said. She raised an eyebrow. "Me and Piper can keep you company."

She looked at me skeptically. "I guess that'll fine, if you're parents are cool with it though," she said.

"Oh right, well you see," I said. "My foster dad is kidnapped and he's basically missing. Jane, my foster dad's assistant is away for the day so they're won't be anyone much in our house."

"I'm sorry about your foster dad," she said sincerely. "Well, I guess I can come over if Piper's okay with it."

Calypso and I headed to Piper who is chattering with Annabeth, Hazel, and Katie. I tapped her shoulders.

"Piper can we talk for a minute?" I asked her. She nodded, her friends got the message and left her.

"So um..." I said a little nervous. "Is it okay if Calypso came over to our house for the day. Her father is working late and I heard she has no siblings so I figure she'll be lonely like us so why not be lonely together?"

"Sure Leo," Piper said. "But you do know your in charge of the house for awhile."

"Wait what?" I asked her confused. She raised an eyebrow.

"Didn't I told you that I'm going on a date with Jason today?" she asked. Then, I remembered Piper did tell me that earlier but I wasn't paying attention.

"On Tuesday though?" I asked her.

"Yeah I know," she said. "But we need to relax a bit. You'll be in charge of the house for a while. No funny business as well as burning the house on fire! Calypso, I hope you'll supervise him on this."

"Yes I will," she said.

"Thank you," Piper said with a smile. "I'm actually grateful that you will be coming over to our house. At least I know that you wouldn't let Leo burned the housed down and I know that the house is in good hands. Definitely not in Leo's"

"Hey!" I protested. Piper and Calypso laughed.

I went back to the house with Calypso. It was kind of awkward because the fact that she's coming over without Piper. So we have just a little chat along the way. It went a little like this:

"So, Calypso," I said carefully, thinking of a question. "Is this the first time your dad worked late or.."

"It's not the first time," Calypso said. "There are times when he does it often and sometimes not. At the often times it gets pretty lonely."