Chapter 12: Happenings of That Night

Piper's POV

Jason and I start dating, as well as Hazel and Frank. One more left, Annabeth Chase. She's a hard one ever since Luke. I mean she's always been a hard one in this relationship thing. But because of Luke, she became even more cautious and I don't like seeing my best friend like that. After Percy came to this school, I knew he'll be perfect for Annabeth. Percabeth, love the name.  The question is how am I going to make her know that he is perfect for her.

I heard from Annabeth he can be a little annoying at times, but a really good person.

"Do you think he's hot?" I asked her once.

"Wait-what? Um no... Well, maybe. But um no....," she said and walked away.

UGH.. THANKS A LOT LUKE! Now her love life is going to suffer forever because of you. Well maybe, if I can change it.

You might be wondering, what is the deal with Luke? Well, you see... He used to be Annie's boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend by the way. He stabbed her in the back, not literally though. He betrayed me, Hazel and most of all Annabeth. The day before the S.T.E.A.M Fair was the day he shows his true colors.

*flashback*

Me an the girls are hanging out today at my house! Just me, Hazel, and Annabeth, and a little bit with Leo. We played loads of games and it went on until it is dark outside. Annabeth dad and Hazel's mom came to pick up Annabeth and Hazel. Mr. Chase and Mrs. Levesque were chatting with my dad while me, Annabeth, Hazel, and Leo are finishing up a movie.

Then, something happened. Smoke appeared in the room. We coughed and we can't see through the smoke.

Then, I heard glass breaking. Someone's breaking into the house! I saw a silhouette of my dad, Mr. Chase and Mrs. Levesque. Luckily the smoke cleared and I saw in horror that my dad, Mr. Chase and Mrs. Levesque being strangled by these people in mask.

I froze as well as my friends. Then, I heard a voice coming from the broken window.

"Good job guys!" the voice said. It's definitely a male and he sounds familiar. "Take them to the car!"

"LUKE?!" Annabeth said in horror looking at her boyfriend.

"Ah, Annabeth," Luke said. "Sorry to interrupt your movie night but we have strict orders."

"W-what are you going to do with them?" Leo asked, his voice shaking.

"Don't worry Valdez," Luke said. "We won't do them harm. Well maybe, if they don't follow our orders."

"No!" Hazel and I yelled in unison.

"Oh yes!" he said. "Now, don't you dare tell the police or your other family about this! Or they will be dead. Like your friends mother here." He gestured at Leo.

Leo's eyes widen. "My mom, it was you who took her! What have you done to her!" he said, his voice filled with anger and pain.

"Oh nothing much," Luke said. "She's a fighter but she ended up on doing what we wanted her to do by threatening your safety Valdez. So technically, your mom's death is your fault!"

"No," he said in a small voice.

"LUKE HOW COULD YOU?!" Annabeth yelled at him, her voice filled with anger and pain.

"Ah and you Annabeth," he said. "You think I date you because I like you? Because I actually care about you? I was trying to get more info on your dad. And thankfully, you finally told me your address. YOUR PATHETIC ANNABETH! YOU TRULY ARE!"