CHAPTER 24

"It wasn't me who turned you like this"

》☆《

She slapped him hard across the face.

Jimin turned to the left as a slap landed on his face. He glanced down, feeling dazed and anxious, worried that Hyeji had discovered everything about his past, which may have been the reason for her actions.

He raised his head gradually and directed his guilty gaze towards Hyeji. He noticed tears streaming down her eyes and observed her anxiously biting her lip while fixating solely on him with an expression of pain.

"Hyeji..."

"Stop. No more lies" Jimin didn't really say anything afterwards.

It was extremely quiet in the gusty weather. The two of them remained standing in the spot where they used to sit as young individuals and spent time in each other's company.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me everything when I came for the job?" She asked, looking at him with an expression he couldn't understand.

"I...was scared...."

"About what? That I would leave you again?"

Jimin raised his head at her. His eyes unknowingly filling with tears. He sniffed and looked away again.

Hyeji chuckled bitterly seeing his reaction and lack of response.

"Am I not leaving you right now then?" Jimin widened his eyes and looked at her instantly with a helpless look.

"N-no... don't please... i can't lose you for the second time...please don't leave me..." Jimin tried to hold her hand but she flinched away.

"And what If I do? Will you kill someone dear to me again?"

"I didn't... kill them..." Jimin knew he killed them but a part of him couldn't accept it. There was something more to it.

"Jimin I remember everything. Everything in detail" Hyeji spoke the last sentence with such pressure that it caused Jimin to nod slowly.

"Do you think I did it then?" Jimin asked while looking at the sky, a tear slipped from his left eye in urge.

"Honestly No" Jimin looked at her with a surprised look not really believing what she just said.

"It was the devil who did it. It was your other self who killed my parents Jimin. And there was nothing you could have done. It wasn't in your hands, right?"

Hyeji's every word left Jimin in shock. He didn't expect someone would even think it in that way. Cause lets be honest here, no matter what it was himself who killed them.