~Chapter 7~

(Third Person Point of View)

A beautiful, fragile-looking girl looked out of place in the blindingly white hospital room. Her brown waves fanned out across the pillow her head rested upon, her eyelids closed.

Beside her, a man & woman sat. The man, holding the girl's hand, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. While the woman had tears falling down her cheeks, in her arms a little blue bundle.

"Mr. & Mrs. Snow?" Another man entered the room, a clipboard clutched in his hands. The man nodded stiffly, still clutching the young girl's hand. "How is my daughter, Doc?" The doctor smiled sadly, & tapped his pen against the board in his hands.

"She should awaken any day now, we aren't exactly sure why she isn't awake. It's been about a week now." A soft cry arose from the bundle in the woman's arms, & the girl shifted in her sleep.

"Baby.." The girl's voice was soft, hoarse. Her eyelashes fluttered, & her hands immediately went to her flat stomach. Panic arose within her, "Where's my baby?!"

A nurse rushed over to help the girl sit up, & immediately took the blue bundle from the younger woman's arms, handing the baby over to the new mother.

(Averelle's Point of View)

A soft cry brought me from my seemingly, endless slumber. A baby, it sounded like a baby. "Baby.." I whispered hoarsely, panic rising from within me, as I brushed my hands over my flat stomach.

Where was my baby!? "Where's my baby?!" I opened my eyes to see a nurse rushing over to my mother, taking a small, blue bundle from her arms, & bringing it to me.

He was breathtaking, that was the only way to describe the beautiful angel that slept in my arms. He had cream colored skin, & tiny wisps of blonde hair cloaked his small head. "Hi baby," I smiled down at him, brushing my fingers through his little hair.

As if noting my presence, his eyelashes fluttered, revealing his father's gorgeous eyes. I felt a pang in my chest, as I looked down at my handsome baby, who looked so much like his father.

"What's his name?" My mother's voice asked softly, I turned my head to look at her. "Aiden Cole Storm.." My father let out a low growl at the mention of my mate, startling my son. Aiden began to cry, "Honey, I think its best if we go." My mother sighed, leaning over to kiss both mine, & Aiden's foreheads. My father nodded stiffly, & exited the room angrily.

"Sh, its alright baby. Mommy's here," I crooned, smiling softly at my son. "So, is it alright for me to meet my godchild?" A voice, I had missed so much asked from the doorway.

"Of course," I laughed quietly, passing a sleeping Aiden to my best friend. "He's breathtaking," Ashton praised, poking Aiden's little cheek. Aiden opened his eyes, & gazed up at Ash curiously. Ashton's breath caught, "He looks.." I nodded, holding my tears back.

"He's been searching for you," My eyes widened at my best friend's words, & I held in a sharp gasp. "W..what?" I stuttered, why would Nicholas care where I was?

"Because, regardless of whether he rejected you or not, he still loves you." Ash sang, once again poking Aiden's cheek. "You don't poke a baby's cheek, Ash. Especially not a newborn."

Ashton's cheeks brightened, & he carefully handed Aiden back to me. "I know, but I wanted to see if it was true." I gazed at him curiously, "You haven't heard of the prophecy?" I shook my head.

Ash sighed, & collapsed in the chair beside my bed. "Well, there's a prophecy that says, the first born of the greatest will wield the power of the Goddess, & restore peace to all. The child will be born on the evening of the Spring Equinox, yesterday to be exact."

I shook my head, & hugged my son to my chest. So, that's what he was referring to. "Y..you mean Aiden.." Ashton nodded, his face grim.

"I'm afraid so. Your baby is the child of the prophecy." Pain filled my chest, at the thought of someone trying to take my baby away from me, & a small growl escaped my lips. "No, I wont let them take my son." Ashton smiled gently at me, & leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"I know Wifey, you wont give him up easily. We wont either." My eyebrows furrowed, "The Burning Sun pack, your pack to be exact."

My heart swelled at the telling of my pack staying loyal to me. "Even after I left, you all would still fight for me?" I whispered, Ashton nodded. "Always,"

"Be safe, Ellie. I love you," He kissed my forehead, & walked out the door, leaving me alone with my handsome infant. "We dont need your daddy, do we? We'll be just find on our own." I placed a little kiss on his head, & rested my head back against my pillows.

I couldnt wait to get back to the pack house, & sleep in my own bed.

*

"Home sweet home," Jacob laughed, as I climbed out of his truck, Aiden held firmly in my arms. "Finally." I smiled, walking towards the front door, which was open.

I headed upstairs to Aiden's nursery, & smiled at the room. The walls were painted in a soft green, with trees painted in a darker shade of green, giving the nursery a forest kind of feel. Perfect for a werewolf baby.

In the center of the middle wall, a dark, wooden crib was placed, already prepared for Aiden. The sheet was silver, & a little black wolf stuffed animal was tucked at the end.

I walked over to Aiden's closet, & changed him into a dark green onsie, before lying him into his crib gently. I made sure his silver blanket was tucked under his little chin, & leaned down to kiss his head. "Good night, my little Alpha."

Exhausted, I made my way to my bedroom, & collapsed on my bed, asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.