~Chapter 2~

I awoke the next morning, in the strong arms of my mate. My head was burrowed in his chest, one hand softly clutching his bicep.

A deep chuckle escaped his lips, as I pulled my head back, to look up at him. He was already awake, his piercing blue eyes watching me. "I cant believe you fell for it again," Nicholas chuckled darkly, unwounding his arms from around me, & pushing me back against the bedding.

I looked up at him, hurt evident in my face, but he just got out of the bed. He dressed himself quickly, & walked towards the door, turning back only a few minutes before he walked out.

Hope swelled up inside me, maybe our mate did want us! Lily howled happily, only to have her hopes crushed by the words he said next. "Oh, & dont forget, I Nicholas Oliver Storm reject you, Averelle Elise Snow, as my mate & Luna of all packs."

Then, he was gone. I waited for the sound of his car engine, before collapsing in a puddle of grief. How could I've been so stupid? Nicholas wouldnt change for me, gods he wouldnt change for anyone!

I collected my clothing, dressed myself, & ran all the way to my bedroom on the opposite side of the house. Sunlight shone through the tall windows, illuminating the room in a beautiful haze. Young children could be seen running around the backyard from where I stood, bringing a weak smile to my face.

"Averelle," My mother's voice sounded from the doorway, "My heavens! What has that boy done to you?" She was by my side immediatly, taking my hands in hers.

I finally let my tears fall, & humbly accepted her warm hug, "H..he did it again, mom. I...I fell for his tricks once again." I managed to say through the sobs, that were racking my body. What had I done to deserve this?

She tightened her hold on me slightly, one hand running through my hair to soothe me, & the other rubbing my back gently. I relaxed slightly, my sobs changing into hiccups, as I calmed down.

My mother pulled back slightly, & smiled gently, "How about you shower, & get dressed? I'll call Ashton, & you can have a best friends day." It was times like these, I was glad to have my mom. She made everything better when I was sad, much like Aiden, used to.

Aiden was my twin brother, sadly, he passed away on our 17th birthday. Rogues decided to attack the party we were holding, & he died protecting me from one of them.

A fresh batch of on-coming tears surfaced, but I held them back. I nodded, & waited until my mother had left the room, to walk into my bathroom, & climb into a hot bath. I left my tears from earlier fall, as I washed myself. That was the good thing about having your own bathroom, no one could hear you crying, while you were bathing or showering.

I stayed in my bath 15 minutes, furiously scrubbing away Nicholas's scent from my body. My sadness had faded away to a dull ache, fury replacing it.

I changed into a turquoise skirt, a white sweater, & my silver sandals, before throwing my hair up into a messy bun, & swiping on a little make up. (Outfit in the External Link~~>)

A few minutes later, I was sitting at the kitchen table, nibbling on chocolate chip pancakes. I was taking a sip of orange juice, when the front door burst open, "HONEY, IM HOME!" Ash yelled, making me laugh.

Me & Ashton have been best friends since we were pups, & we used to play house together. He would be the daddy, I would be the mommy, & Ashton's baby sister, Kayla, would be our baby.

"Wifey! How many times have I told you to save me pancakes?" He joked, standing across from me, a mock glare in his brown eyes.

"Apparently, not enough." My father said as he entered the kitchen, a book clutched in his right hand tightly. "So when were you planning on telling me that your mate played you again?" He asked casually, while pouring himself a cup of coffee.

He said the word mate, with so much anger & venom, that it made both me & Ash shiver. I felt tears cloud my vision at the mention of Nicholas, & pushed my breakfast towards an angry Ashton.

"He played you again!" Ash was shaking with fury, his hands clutched tightly into fists. My father walked over to me, placing a kiss on my forehead, before nodding at Ashton. He left the room moments later, off to do his usual alpha business.

I nodded my head, & Ash was by my side in an instant, hugging me tightly. "He doesnt deserve you, wifey." Ash whispered into my ear, gently rocking back & forth, "It seems like its the other way around, Ash." I told him honestly, before the need to throw up arose.

I jumped up, & ran to the hall bathroom, emptying my stomach of its contents. Ash carefully held my hair back, & rubbed my back, whispering soothing words.

After about 5 minutes, I stood up, seemingly dizzy. When I told Ashton this, he led me back up the stairs to my room, & tucked me in, crawling in with me, after he put Divergent in the DVD player.

*

"Can we go see the pack doctor, now?" Ashton yelled, as I once again emptied the contents of my stomach. Its been almost 2 weeks since this has started, & I was miserable.

"Not-" I was cut off by another puking session, "Yet." I said, once I had finished. He walked into the room, scooped me up in his arms, & carried me down the stairs, & out the house, ignoring my protests.

"You're sick, Averelle. You have been for 2 weeks, you're getting looked at." He growled, finally placing me on my feet, in the pack doctors office.

The pack doctor, an elderly woman, with greying hair, rushed to our aid immediatly, asking a billion questions in one second. "Whats the matter, how long has she been throwing up, when was her last period?" The last question threw me off, as she bent her head down to my stomach, & listened.

A brilliant smile erupted on her face, as she looked up at me. "Congratulations, dear. You're pregnant!" That's, when everything went black.