~Chapter 9~

"Mum, I dont think that's a good idea-" I spoke into my phone, only to be cut off by her. "We miss you, Averelle! Everyone does, especially your father." Her voice grew softer towards the end, & I finally gave up. "Fine,"

"Yay! I'll make the preparations now, I love you dear!" She sang into the phone, before the line went dead. I groaned, what had I gotten myself into?

"Mummy?" Aiden's little voice came from the doorway, he had unfortunately inherited Nicholas' accent, as well. I heard his little feet come patting across the floor, before I felt lay on top of me.

"Hi mummy," He giggled, I kissed his little nose. "Hi baby," A smile eased its way onto my face, Aiden made everything worth it. When I had a bad day at work, I could just come home & see him, & instantly be happier. He's my everything, & I wanted to keep him safe.

But, how can I keep him safe, if I went to visit my old pack? "Nicholas probably wont even be visiting at this time of year, he was always traveling, remember?" My smile widened at Lily's words, maybe everything would work out.

"Can we go visit gama & gampa?" Aiden asked in a serious tone, his adorable face scruntched up. I sat up, & made sure Aiden was in my lap.

"Well, I just got off the phone with Grandma, & she invited us to come visit for a little while. So yes, we can go see Grandma & Grandpa." His face lit up like a firework, & he grinned.

"YAY!" In the next second, Aiden was out of my lap, & doing an adorable little dance on the floor. A laugh escaped my throat as I watched him, & soon, I stood up to join him. We were so lost in our little dance, that we didnt notice someone standing in the doorway.

"Bravo! Brava!" Jacob clapped as we finished, laughter racking his body. "Unca Jake!" Aiden squealed, running over to the blonde man, & hugging his legs.

"Mummy & me, are going to visit Gama & Gampa!" Jacob let a grin onto his face at that piece of information, but I could tell it was forced. "Are you now, well that sounds like fun. Why dont we let Mummy get ready, & go cook breakfast?" Aiden giggled, nodding his head.

"Otay!" He was running out of the room, by the time Jacob turned his head to look at me. "This is a bad idea, Ave." I nodded, "I know, but between him & my mother, I couldnt say no."

The floor was suddenly interesting. "I dont think anyone could say no to Aiden. But, my brother could be there, & I dont want you or Aiden to get hurt." Two strong arms enveloped my small body, "Will you come with us, then?" I asked quietly, looking up at the much taller man.

Jacob chuckled, & nodded. "I was going to anyway, get dressed. If we can catch a flight in an hour, we'll get there by dinner."

He was gone after that, & I was left alone with my thoughts. "We got this, Averelle. I promise."I smiled at that, & hopped into the shower.

A calm sigh escaped my lips, as the piercing, warm beads hit my sore muscles. I washed my hair & body, before turning the water off. After making sure my towel was secure around my body, I walked into my closet & got dressed for the long day ahead. (Outfit in the External Link~~>)