~Chapter 4~

(Alpha Collin's Point of View)

It's been exactly a month since my daughter's disappearance, & since the threats of attack from Alpha Nightshade returned.

Averelle disappearing without telling a soul where she was, worried me more than ever. My daughter would never do that, but as my wife had told me, desparate times come for desparate measures.

I was still furious with that disgrace of an alpha for playing my daughter like he had, & leaving her pregnant with their child. Unfortunately, I wasnt of higher power than he, meaning I had no control over his fortnight visits, which usually consisted of him picking a girl, bedding her, & leaving in the morning, with no thanks to my pack for letting him stay.

April still had her beliefs, that Averelle could change Nicholas, but as the saying in my family goes: 'Once a beast, always a beast.'

Not that I doubted my beautiful daughter, if anyone could change a beast into a feeling person, it was her. But, I wasnt going to allow her to change a beast, as monsterous as our Alpha King.

My beta, Johnathon entering my office, brought me from my thoughts. "Collin, I bring excellent news." The smile on my beta's face was a relieved one, I wonder what could make him such a happy man?

"And what is it, Johnathon?" I looked up from the papers on my desk, to meet the piercing eyes of my long time, childhood friend. His grin only brightened, "As you know, Fabion & Charles set out for search in California only last week, they claim to have seen your daughter."

My heart lightened at those words, & I stood, immediatly. "Then what are we waiting for? We must bring my only living child, home at once!" Johnathon's smile, suddenly became sad.

"I'm sorry to say, that young Averelle wishes to be where she is. She sends word that she is safe, but would like to remain where she is, until her child reaches an appropriate age." I collapsed in my chair once again, & slammed my fist into the table, cracking the glass atop it.

"That will be years from now, Johnathon! My daughter, & grandchild are in hiding because of our pompous, no-good King!" I yelled, my anger filling my veins, & my wolf threatening to take over.

"Collin!" April's angelic voice flitted into the room, as she scurried over to me, taking my bleeding hand in between her small ones. "My heavens, darling. What have you done?" Her green eyes shown with tears, as she looked up at me.

I heard the door close, indicating Johnathon's departure, & returned my gaze on my beautiful wife. "Fabion & Charles found Averelle," April's eyes lit up, like fireworks on the fourth of July.

"That's wonderful, is she-" I shook my head, cutting her off. "She doesnt wish to return home, until her child reaches an appropriate age." A choked sob escaped my mate's throat, as I recalled the news, I'd recieved only moments earlier.

I pulled her into my arms, & let her cry until her heart was content. My thoughts only on finding my daughter, & keeping that bastard of a man away from her.

(Averelle's Point of View)

A month, it's been exactly a month, since i've left home. Not much has changed, other than my stomach growing, & my heart aching for my mate.

I closed the book I held in my lap, & let out a deep breath. I hadnt thought much of him until now, which I suppose, was a good thing. He probably is just fine, humping & dumping his mistresses. Or, did they even receive such a title?

Loud, obviously male footsteps could be heard approaching from down the hallway, I wonder who that is? I got my answer only moments later, it was Jacob, beta of the Bleeding Star Pack.

"Ave, you shouldnt be out of bed." He sighed, walking towards me. A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, as he helped me up from my curled up position.

"Jake, I dont like staying in my bed all day." I pouted, crossing my arms definantly. He only shook his head, & chuckled. "I know, love. But, you dont wanna hurt the little one do you?" Jacob raised an eyebrow, I shook my head.

"Never," I wrapped my arms around my stomach protectively, following Jacob back up to my suite. "Get some sleep, Ave. You need it, you wont get any once my little nephew arrives." He opened my bedroom doors, & kissed my forehead, before leaving.

I walked over to my wardrobe, & changed into my pajamas. (Pajamas are in the External Link~~>) After brushing my teeth, & throwing my hair up into a messy bun, I climbed into my soft, warm California King Bed.

I lay awake for a little while, trying hard to forget that Jacob called my baby his nephew. He wasnt lying, I know he wasnt. Before his brother became King, Jacob was in line for the throne.

So if Jacob knew my baby was Nicholas's, how did I know that he didnt know about the baby either? 'Because Jacob wouldnt lie to you, Averelle. Get some rest, our pup needs it." Lily reasoned with me, finally easing me enough to where I could fall asleep.