~Chapter 15~

(Averelle's Point of View)

The next morning, I decided to take Aiden into town. After my argument with Jacob, I didnt want to be around here much.

I walked into my bathroom, & took a quick shower, before changing into one of my favorite outfits. (Outfit is in the External Link~~>)

As I was applying a little mascara, I felt a tug on my skirt. I set my mascara brush down, & bent down to lift a sleepy Aiden into my arms. "Good morning," I smiled, kissing his little nose. "Morning Mummy," He yawned, rubbing his eyes with his little fists.

I smiled at what he was dressed in, "Who dressed you, love?" He giggled, "Gama." A small laugh escaped my lips, as I walked out of my bathroom with my 3-year-old.

Aiden was playing a game on my phone, as I walked into the kitchen, smiling at my mother. I had told her about my argument with Jacob last night, & she agreed to letting me go out today, without telling Jacob of my location. I planned on going to the park.

"Go on, dear. You need to get away for a little while," She smiled, kissing my cheek. I laughed quietly, & walked outside towards my car, only to be stopped as another pulled up.

"Miss!" A familiar voice filled my ears, "Ron!" I smiled at my old friend, & walked towards his car. "When did you get here?" Ron chuckled & nodded to the passenger side. "Hop in, I'm here to pick you & Aiden up." Confusion swept across my features, & my smile faded.

"What do you mean, Ron?" The dark skinned man ran a hand over his face, & opened the passenger door. "I'll explain, just come on."

I trusted Ron, with both mine & Aiden's lives; so, I climbed into his car, after making sure Aiden was secure in the carseat that was seated in the back.

We had been driving for a little over an hour, when I turned my head to face Ron. "I'm ready for your explination." He chuckled, but began telling me anyway.

"I found my mate," He began, "Her name is Raine, & she's as lovely as anything. But, she refrained from telling me that she lived with your mate in his pack house. Raine had grown up with King Nicholas, & became close to his sister, Diana." Ron paused, letting me take in the information, before he continued.

"So, last night he came home distraught after spending a day with his neice, Anna. Raine told me that he was always elated when he returned from one of their uncle-neice bonding days, so she spoke with Diana this morning. From what Raine told me, something bad happened to Nicholas when he was younger; and also, that you & Aiden needed to be there with us, incase that bad happening came back. So of course, I was worried about you & Aiden, so I came to get you both. You're like the sister I never got to know, & I wanted you to be safe. Even if it meant brining you somewhere, you wouldnt like to be." My heart began to pound in my chest, & I prayed Ron wouldnt hear it.

What had happened, well who had happened that had caused Nicholas to become distraught after a day of bonding time? Especially since he was with sweet, innocent Anna.

3 hours passed by quicker than I had thought they would've, & soon, Ron was pulling up in front of a HUGE castle. It almost looked like Cair Paravel from the Chronicles of Narnia movies.

I got out of Ron's car, after he had pulled it to a stop, & got Aiden out of his carseat. "Mummy?" He asked sleepily, looking up at me with his bright baby blues.

"Yes, love?" I brushed a strand of blonde hair back from his forehead, & followed Ron into the castle. "I wanna see daddy," A chuckle escaped Ron's mouth as he said that, & he turned to lead us down another hallway.

He stopped us in front of two large, dark oak doors, & knocked thrice. "Your highness, they're here." I heard my mate's footsteps on what I assumed was tile, before the doors opened.

Cinamon & chocolate hit me full on, almost making my knees weak. Aiden's little face lit up as soon as he saw Nicholas, & he held out his arms to him. "Daddy!"

I froze in place when Aiden said that, carefully watching for Nicholas' move. He seemed just as shocked as I was, but he recovered quickly.

"Hey buddy," He chuckled, lifting Aiden from my arms, & hugging him to his chest. I wanted to melt at the sight, but decided against it. I dont need him, I dont need him. I kept repeating in my head, hoping that it would somehow click.

"Please, come in." Nicholas spoke, gesturing towards his large, neatly cleaned office. As I had been asked, I walked into the room, & took a seat in one of the red, leather chairs.

My mate sat in his desk chair, Aiden firmly in his lap. We met each other's gaze & held it for a few moments, studying each other. He had opened his mouth to say something, when a sharp knock sounded from the door.

Nicholas' face became emotionless, & he answered in a bored tone, "Enter." I almost died of shock, when an older, white haired woman burst into the room.

"NICHOLAS OLIVER STORM!" She roared, pointing a wooden paddle at him. The blonde man's cheeks turned pink, & he scratched the back of his neck, nervously.

"WHERE DID-" She froze when she saw me & Aiden, & quickly turned on a bright smile. "Hello there dear, my name's Lucy. I am Nicholas' grandmother." I smiled, "A pleasure to meet you, Lucy. My name is Averelle, & this is my 3-year-old son, Aiden."

I felt Nicholas' glare on the side of my face when I said 'my', but I guess its just habit. "She means our son, Grandma." He grinned, but it held no warmth just determination.

"Oh that's wonderful," Lucy brightened up, & held out a hand to Aiden. "Would you like to help me make my pack famous chocolate chunk cookies? I would love some help." Aiden grinned, & leapt from Nicholas' lap, hurriedly running to take the older woman's hand.

"Otay!" I smiled at the two of them, letting them know I was alright with it, & watched them exit the office. I was now alone with my handsome mate.

"Why did you send Ron to retrieve me, Alpha?" I asked, folding my hands in my lap. "Because, I do not trust my brother with you, & or our son." I shot a confused look at him, what did he mean?

"Why is that?" Nicholas chuckled with no humor, "Because he's nothing but a murder, lier, & manipulative man." I felt my heart rate speed up, "You're lying,"

My mate shook his head, slamming his fist onto the table. "Do NOT telling me I'm lying, if I experienced or saw everyone of those things happen in the past. Ever wonder how you sister died, or how about how my mother randomly died? Oh, & I know, how about your dear older brother Greyson?"

Tears stung my vision at the mention of my siblings, & the woman, who was like another mother to me. "The search report said that Grace & Elizabeth were killed by a silver bullet to the heart."

"And your brother?" Nicholas prompted, crossing his arms across his chest. "He disappeared when I was 8, he was never found. Reported dead a week or so later. B..but I know he's still alive."

He nodded, "I watched my brother kill not only my mother, but Grace as well. He wanted to know where you & your twin brother, Aiden were. My mother & your sister refused to answer him, so he shot them. Your brother, Greyson? He was manipulated into joining my brother & Alpha Nightshade. Hmm, is Jacob so innocent now? He was responsible for Aiden's death as well, his men were supposed to kidnap you, but your brother got in the way, didnt he?"

I shook my head, & jumped to my feet, immediatly running out of the office. No, no, no I wouldnt believe this. Jacob wasnt a murder, & Greyson wasnt a traiter. It..it was all a lie. It had to be.