Safe Place

Total Number of Chapters - continued
Started: 8 November 2020
Ended: continued

────•✰•────

The weather was chilly and somewhat irritating for human bones to handle. Despite this Jungkook had to wake up and take shower everyday to head to his work and just work with all his strength.

Because he wants a better life for his baby Taehyung, knowing his hardships will bring an ease and convenience to his family, his spouse and his everything made him determined to work hard.

But between all of this Jungkook was forgetting that he is just a human and he can only work when he is able to and when the surrounding is suitable for him but he ignored all the signs of discomfort and just worked helplessly to the extent he felt extremely exhausted, body shaky and feeling like the cold was about to eat him up.

An evening he came home after work, limbs aching and no strength left in his body but soon a baby bear came running to him, squeezing him in a tight hug as soon as the door opened up and all of his pain vanished.

Jungkook let his aching arms curl around Taehyung, hugging him with full admiration.

"Kookie… you're back~~" Taehyung said happily, eyes bright to see him back.

Jungkook just gave a nod, sighing to let out his exhaustion.

"Kookie, get fresh and take some rest, we'll have dinner okay?"  Taehyung said, planting a soft kiss against Jungkook's lips who felt like half of his exhaustion just flew away.

Taehyung then walked back into the kitchen while Jungkook pulled out his shoes, coat and put his bag down.

Jungkook was not feeling himself today, his limbs aching so much but he somehow climbed the stairs to the bedroom to wash his hands and face.

The other side, Taehyung was feeling jolly, knowing the holidays would arrive soon, he was expecting a holiday weekend with Jungkook.

And for today he prepared Jungkook's favourite meal as always, doing his best to impress him and make him happy.

The clock striked 7 and dinner was ready, Taehyung was expecting Jungkook to come down but he didn't come so Taehyung called him.

"Kookie? Dinner is ready!" Taehyung shouted happily, smelling the dinner in the pan with satisfaction.

"Kookie? Darling you're there?" Taehyung asked again but got no response.

"Ah, hope he didn't fall asleep. He seemed pretty tired." Taehyung said to himself and covered the pan by its lid, pulling out his apron and walking upstairs.

"Kookie you're oka-" Taehyung opened the door and shut his mouth as he saw Jungkook curling up to the bed in the shape of a ball, covered with a heavy quilt.

"Kookie…" Taehyung called his name worriedly, rushing to him.

"Hey…" Taehyung touched his face to see him, finding him quivering and his skin was burning like fire.

"Oh my god you're sick." Taehyung gasped, quickly pulling Jungkook for a hug, making his face bury into his neck.

"B-baby…" Jungkook whispered, suddenly feeling himself at an ease after feeling Taehyung so close.

"Oh my God… Kookie… you're burning. Wait lemme get you cold stripes-" Taehyung tried to sit up but Jungkook just didn't let him.

"No… I only need you." Jungkook whispered, trying to snuggle into his warmth more and more.

"Kookie… you're literally burning…" Taehyung whispered, voice filled with worries.

"B-baby please s-stay here. I'm better with you..." Jungkook whispered and Taehyung's heart melted right into it, holding Jungkook more firmly.

"It's because of working so hard in the cold. You need to give yourself a break, Kookie. It hurts me to see you like that." Taehyung scolded cutely and Jungkook just hummed, feeling better to feel Taehyung with him.

"Kookie you need to eat something for medicine and let me put some cold stripes on your head then you should have some rest-"

"I said I only need you." Jungkook whispered again, quivering slightly so Taehyung tried to wrap him more with the quilt.

"Stop being stubborn, you're not telling me what to do-"

"I only need you and that's it." Jungkook clutched him tightly and made him lay beside him and Taehyung sighed, having no choice.

Taehyung put his one hand into Jungkook's hair and another on his back, letting Jungkook dig his face into his neck and put his legs and arms on him.

"You always work hard for this house, for me. You don't need to go hard on yourself Kookie. I love you so much and nothing else matters to me more than you and your well being." Taehyung whispered, getting soft kisses on his neck in reply.

Hearing this made Jungkook feel lighter. He felt all his hard work was worth it after hearing this from Taehyung's mouth.

Taehyung ran his hands into Jungkook's hair continuously, bringing him to ease and closing his eyes at the soft kisses he received from Jungkook.

Taehyung kept on doing until he felt Jungkook's body getting heavier against his, his quivering and breathing getting stabilized slowly.

Taehyung then checked him to see that he had fallen asleep in his embrace.

Taehyung being his safe place held the power to bring him comfort like no medicine or drug can ever do.

Only Taehyung and his arms held the power to make Jungkook feel safe, cared and loved and Taehyung was ready to be forever, forever his safe place.

────•✰•────

Hey ya guys! The book is still going on and we'll end it soon.

Hope you guys look forward to it!

Anyway, here ends '1000 days of writing' with safe place.

Hope you guys enjoyed the book and thank you so much for making my this journey so beautiful.

Lots of love and blessings to you.

-Dippy