It's a Success! Or Not?

"Good work, everyone!" (Y/N) starts off. "Now, let's toast to the Taekwondo club and today's successful performance!"

Glasses full of sodas clink together.

"Wow! We're done!" Seungmin shouts excitedly.

Junseon bumps his fist in the air with a bright smile, "It was a total success!"

"It was even better than when we practiced it, right? Don't you think I'm a born performer?"

"If anyone here's a born performer, it's Jeongguk!"

Seungmin nods his head in agreement, "Jeongguk is definitely meant for the stage. He was really good! Alright, I agree. You were practically flying!"

Jeongguk looks too embarrassed for words, "Haha...What do you mean, flying...?" He ruffles the back of his head, his face flushing pink from shyness. "...Did I really look okay?"

"You were! Totally! Amazing!" (Y/N) encourages loud and proudly.

Jeongguk's smile grows wide hearing her words. "Really? You mean it?"

"Yeah, really! Extremely! Totally!"

Jeongguk finally relaxes, a smile coming to his face. "Ah...That's a relief."

Chisoo is only sitting silently, sipping his drink.

'Come to think of it...Chisoo's pretty quiet.' (Y/N) gently nudges his side, "Chisoo, how was it? Tell him!"

Chisoo looks startled, "M-Me?"

Everyone turns to Chisoo.

"...Yeah, well. It wasn't bad."

"Ohhhhh! Captain!" The members get teary-eyed by his compliment.

"...Ahem. Eat up. I'm going to get some fresh air..." A flustered Chisoo quickly leaves the table.

"That's the highest compliment you can get. You know that, right?" (Y/N) says.

Jeongguk nods his head, "I do."

Seungmin and Junseon choose this moment to scoot closer to Jeongguk.

"Hey, Jeon Jeongguk. You worked hard. Make sure you eat." Seungmin pushes more plates of food toward the maknae's direction.

Jeongguk pats his shoulder. "You too, Sunbae."

"He's right, you know. Besides with that awesome performance you showed off, I bet you that you really impressed that girlfriend of yours." Junseon whispers to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk's face explodes a crimson red by his comment. "W-W-What?! W-What are you talking about? What girlfriend?!"

Seungmin whispers in his other ear. "Come on, don't try to act dumb around us. We know you and Manager (Y/N) have something going on."

Jeongguk shakes his head vigorously, "No! I already told you all in the beginning, we have nothing going on."

"You don't need to feel embarrassed. You too seem pretty close and she's really cute, so there's no doubt you feel something for her. Hey, you never know if she could feel the same for you." Junseon nudges his side, teasing him.

"Stop, I'm serious. We have nothing going on between us, we're just friends!" Jeongguk keeps persuading, hoping that the two won't see his flustered state. Welp, he failed that.

Seungmin only pats his back, "Alright, alright. We're just teasing you, okay? No need to whine about it. We just find it pretty funny when you're embarrassed."

Jeongguk calms himself, "Phew...Thank you."

"But on a serious note, I honestly thought you would quit early on." Junseon says with an honest tone. "But since you helped the Taekwondo club put this performance together...I've seen you in a new light. You've earned my respect, rookie!"