Leave It to Me!

"Alright, everyone ready? Don't get nervous. Just do it like we practiced. If you do, we stand a fighting chance. Am I clear?!" Chisoo shouts out to the group

"Yes!!!" All the members respond in unison.

Chisoo leads the way, "Let's go!"

"Go, go! Shatter Yangeun High School!" (Y/N) chants as she is pumped up for the tournament.

"Ha!" Jeongguk whoops confidently, punching the air. The lucky bracelet's wrapped around his wrist.

'Oh...He's wearing the bracelet.'

Jeongguk and (Y/N) lock eyes- he smiles.

Suddenly, as they walk excitedly forward...a group of delinquents appear and block our way.

"Going somewhere nice, huh?" One guy says, wearing a sly smirk on his face.

"You're all so full of energy. Haha." Another one says, standing in a sluggish position.

"Huh?" Jeongguk looked confused.

(Y/N) wore the same expression, "What the...?"

They try to ignore them and go around them, but they keep stepping back into their way.

"Hey, hey, what's the big hurry?" The first guy said.

"...Why don't you move?" Chisoo asks, clearly irritated.

"Hmm...I don't know about that." Guy 1 says, imitating a thinking pose.

"I think we'll move if you come with us." Guy 2 states.

Chisoo looks alarmed by their response.

Jeongguk clearly isn't taking their crap and steps up, "Who the hell are you?!"

"None of your business. We have some business with this guy here." Guy 1 responds.

(Y/N)'s heart starts rapidly beating, 'Chisoo? Why?'

"No way...Cheon Muho, that bastard!" A very flustered Jeongguk begins to interrogate the ringleader. "It's Cheon Muho, right? He sent you, didn't he? Huh?"

"What? Cheon Muho? I don't know who you're talking about." Guy 2 looks at Jeongguk with disbelief.

"We aren't here because someone sent us." Guy 1 answers. "This guy right here seems like he'd be a pretty good fighter and we want to take him on, that's all."

The delinquents start to laugh nastily.

Jeongguk's face is full of rage, "What are you talking about?" He balls his hand into a fist.

"Jeon Jeongguk!!! Stop right there!" Chisoo yells out, stopping Jeongguk. "I'll finish up here. Go on ahead without me."

"Captain!!!" The members yell out, scared for their leader.

Jeongguk looked flabbergasted, "What? Don't be ridiculous!"

"You do know that we forfeit the match if we're late?" Chisoo states, still in his fighting position. "Do you want to let Cheon Muho get what he wants?!"

"Ah..." Jeongguk seems at a loss for words.

"Go on ahead. I'll catch up."

"How are we supposed to..."

"Just remember...how hard you worked to find how you feel."

Jeongguk's eyes widen by his words, as he now remembers what he's fighting for.

(Y/N) grabs onto Jeongguk's wrist, gaining his attention. "Jeongguk, listen to Chisoo. If we're not careful, we might lose before setting foot into the ring."

Jeongguk looks at her and then to Chisoo. Before looking down to the ground, he comes to a decision. "...Okay. Let's go."

In the end, they all walk towards the Yangeun High School without Chisoo.

Jeongguk keeps glancing behind them- he's definitely worried.

Deciding to take action, (Y/N) whips out her cell phone, "Hello, police station? We're from Typical High School..."

Jeongguk stares at her. "Manager..."

(Y/N) looks at him with an adamant expression, "If they're gonna fight dirty, we're gonna clean up. Chisoo will be here soon. Let's do our best to hold out until then."

Jeongguk gives her a firm nod.

As soon as they step into the club room...they see Cheon Muho, an easy smile on his face.

Jeongguk balls his fist tightly, "You...Just how low are you willing to go?!"

"Jeongguk!!!" (Y/N) calls out to him.

Jeongguk looks tense, like he might charge at Muho any second. (Y/N) has no choice but to out herself between them.

"Calm down. What did Chisoo say?!"

Jeongguk controls his anger after she says that, looking at her with an understanding glance. He takes a deep breath and glares at Muho, "You...I'll see you for our match."

Muho smiles smugly. "If you say so."

*Timeskip*

Jeongguk and the other members are standing and stretching on opposite sides of the mat from Cheon Muho and his group.

Jeongguk was still glowering at Muho, while Muho responds back with a snarky grin.

As everyone is still stretching, Jeongguk looks towards the door and remembers Chisoo's words from before.

"Go on ahead. I'll catch up."

Jeongguk shows a sad look but slowly turns it to ambition as he locks eyes with Muho, who was still smiling as if he already won.
.
.
.
Jeongguk knew he had to win, no matter what.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: sorry for the short chapter, but the next one will be a little longer. I don't have much to say except that I hope you guys are still enjoying this chapter! And if you love it, please share, comment, and like it to give it more love. Also if you'd like to join my discord, message me and I'll give you a link. As always I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜🌸🦋