I'm Your Fan

Jeongguk leans against the wall, drenched in sweat. "If it weren't for my knee..." He laments but only for a moment as he lifts himself up to face the approaching figure. The familiar approaching sound of familiar voices fills the air.

"Did you see the way he flinched if a foot even got near his knee?" Sungjin's voice rings out in Jeongguk's earshot.

Kwontae laughs along with him, "That's probably why he lost today. Does he really not know his own body? He's supposed to be an athlete..."

"Well, that's what the doctor said. Would you agree with someone with a medical degree?"

Jeongguk's heart aches overhearing their conversation.

*Timeskip*

The field is empty since it's after school hours. Repetitive, concentrated shouts cut through the air.

(Y/N) overhears the familiar shouts as she passes by, 'Isn't that Jeongguk's voice?'

"One, two! One, two!" Jeongguk is shown practicing his kicks. His breathing has gone ragged and he's drenched in sweat, but he doesn't show any signs of shopping.

Time passes by and (Y/N)'s still standing in her spot watching Jeongguk practice, 'It's two hours already. What happened?' Anxiety spreads across her face as she keeps observing him. 'Watching him feels agonizing somehow. And...'

"One, two..." Jeongguk's legs continue to slice powerfully through the air, even if tired is written all over his face.

'His knee doesn't look injured at all.'

"Ha...hah.." Chest heaving, Jeongguk finally lies down on the ground.

'It's so clear that Jeongguk doesn't want to give up Taekwondo. He wants to start practicing again. I need to find a way for him to do that.'

*The next day, after school*

(Y/N) calls after Jeongguk as he leaves campus. "Hello!"

"Ah..." Jeongguk replies, his face looking dry and weary.

"Did you manage to handle that emergency?" (Y/N) asks.

"Ah...Yeah."

"I left after you did yesterday."

"Ah...sorry."

Another opportunity goes through (Y/N)'s head. "If you're really sorry... Do you want to go eat something with me? And today, we finish the food!"

"No, I don't think I'll be able to."

"Ah..um...Then...how about some ice cream?!"

Jeongguk looks tired, but a small smile appears on his face. "I'll treat today...partly as an apology for yesterday. Let's go."

*Timeskip*

Jeongguk opens the ice pop package and hands it to me. "Are you sure you're okay with this? I wanted to buy you something tastier..."

"No, this is fine!" (Y/N) says enjoying her (F/F) flavored popsicle, like a little kid. Making the male smile slightly by her child-like aura.

They both go silent for a while.

'The topic may be slightly uncomfortable, but... I made up my mind to find out in any way to help, after all.' (Y/N) brings out a question in mind. "Do you ever think about starting up taekwondo again?"

"Taekwondo?"

"I was wondering why you quit. You're so good at it and you seem like you love doing it." (Y/N) smiles in admiration at the silent boy sitting next to her.